Research Belt Loop

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

aul1999
Inserter
Inserter

Research Belt Loop

Post by aul1999 »

Whats about this??

to prevent this!

Is this solution good? Comments pls. :)

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Research Belt Loop

Post by mergele »

It does work of course. Though I personally don't see the big advantage of it. There have several times been threads about this and in the end it always comes down to personal taste.

aul1999
Inserter
Inserter

Post by aul1999 »

mergele wrote:It does work of course. Though I personally don't see the big advantage of it. There have several times been threads about this and in the end it always comes down to personal taste.
Ohh ok but thx for the comment :)

Uxi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Uxi »

I use a similar arrangement, but I use splitters to feed into the loop,
so if the belt is full the items stop moving. Items moving on belts cost CPU cycles...

I really like your lamps :D

/Uxi

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

Yes, that works great. You can also put labs on the inside of the loop! the problem is that it's not expandable. For me, that's not an issue, I like smaller, static lab setups.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

It is expandable. You can for example you put splitters in and make a second loop. (Or enlargen the existing one.)

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Just make more science packs than you need, thats it. Belts would fill up and everything works.
Overengineering is fun, cant take that from you. :D

Also connect all your lamps to a constant combinators that outputs green (or other) color signal and make lamps work all the time, that is much better for this R.D. Lab thing.

zebediah49
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zebediah49 »

For some fun (and frustration of any particularly obsessive players), you can combine this with the rainbow belt technique, so you load all four types onto a single loop of belt.

For those who want it to be expandable, you can put science on both sides of a tight loop (or even in the middle as well), so to extend the line you just cut off the loop-terminator on the end, drop in more modules, and replace the terminator.

... Though I'll admit that after doing this once to prove I could, I just use the boring double belt line.
Uxi wrote:I use a similar arrangement, but I use splitters to feed into the loop,
so if the belt is full the items stop moving. Items moving on belts cost CPU cycles...
I think this might be the first positive use I've heard for the splitter loop-clogging phenomenon.

aul1999
Inserter
Inserter

Post by aul1999 »

Uxi wrote:

I really like your lamps :D

/Uxi
Thx i too :D

Return to “Show your Creations”