Factorio Confessional: Post your Abominations

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Factorio Confessional: Post your Abominations

Post by septemberWaves »

I hear this is the right thread for spaghetti...

Here are most of the inputs to my early-game temporary main bus. I'm using Bob's mods, as well as a few extra utility mods. The worst cases of spaghetti in this setup are the quartz and - far worse - the plastic. The plastic line is the white line at the far left. Try to keep track of it as the screenshots progress further north.

To the left you can see my red and green science production, as well as the location where until very recently I had some labs. I hadn't planned for this base to go beyond green science, so when the need presented itself I had to move the labs. Much of the worst spaghetti surrounds the general production area north of the science build; not only did I have to input 8 different belts of resources in a very small space, but I also had to later weave the plastic through the existing setup. To the right of this image is the lower half of my first-tier circuit production.

A better view of the general processing facility, which I've been using to produce almost all of the machines and equipment I've been needing so far. I've been crafting electric furnaces by hand to begin with though, since I have yet to set up processing for them. As you can see, I've had to run the green and red science through the setup later. To the right of this image the complete first-tier circuit production is visible.

And here we have... a mess. The worst mess in the factory so far (as is really to be expected from a temporary main bus that was extended into the plastic tier when that wasn't planned for). On the right, above the basic electronic board production (and feeding off the same water pipe) is the silicon processing. That seemed like a pain to set up, and then I got to the tier 2 circuits on the left. There are eleven separate inputs feeding into that array (counting the water pipe) and it would've been more if I hadn't been able to divert carbon and tinned copper wire from the basic electronic board production (in another shocking feat of spaghettification). It altogether only produces half a circuit per second, but that's plenty for my current needs (technically it's not because the science can't be brought to maximum production rate, but slow science is okay at this stage in the game while I'm setting up mid-game arrays).

And here we have science. At the end of the bus is the production of blue and grey science on one side, and the new location of the science labs on the other side. It's not overly messy at this point because it's newer and no new inputs have had to be cleverly diverted through existing arrays.

Finally, here's the source of all of that plastic. I'm currently flaring the heavy and light oil, which is inconvenient but necessary at this point, since I need plastic but I can't use the other products and I don't yet have access to cracking.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

eloquentJane wrote:I hear this is the right thread for spaghetti...
Why is your map so pretty?
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Distelzombie wrote:Why is your map so pretty?
I'm using a lot of mods. I'm not sure whether you're referring to the biomes or the map colors, but the biomes are from Alien Biomes and the map colors are changed by Enhanced Map Colors.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

eloquentJane wrote:
I'm using a lot of mods. I'm not sure whether you're referring to the biomes or the map colors, but the biomes are from Alien Biomes and the map colors are changed by Enhanced Map Colors.
Probably biomes. I like the complex coloring of the ground. It should be this way in Vanilla. :P
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Distelzombie wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:
Probably biomes. I like the complex coloring of the ground. It should be this way in Vanilla. :P
Yes, the biomes are quite nice. I've actually ended up building on some of the more mundane biomes for this starter base; there are also things like blue and purple alien forests, and some other quite vibrant biomes in just about any color you can think of. They also affect walking speed, so that on snow (for example) you move slower than normal. And there are a lot of new trees too. It's a very nice mod for aesthetics.

Also, if you want another nice aesthetic mod, try More Floors for a huge variety of extra floor tiles.

SaurusRex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SaurusRex »

Here's some delicious spaghetti from last year. The only patches not taken over by spaghetti are the remains of ore patches (top left, top right, bottom middle, bottom right (with added buffer for no real reason than to take up space)).

The route taken by red circuits is particularly absurd

Return to “Show your Creations”