My first sandbox factory pictures

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

askovdk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

My first sandbox factory pictures

Post by askovdk »

Hi all

This is my first post, and it is mostly just to say that I really really like this game.
So here is the most advanced part of my first sandbox. - the next step is to experiment with better control than just 'produce till the belt is full' :-´)

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Re: My first sandbox factory pictures

Post by HellEye »

Could be better, but it's at least compact. My first sandbox factory was total fail and really too overcomplicated. But I like it still, I spent like 50k of iron plates on logistic robots and I feel like I need at least twice as much. Or I need to go on spawner hunting to upgrade capacity/ speed to at least 3 lv.
Anyway, good factory, but maybe you should show more than just small blue science packs part :) I'm especially intrested in compact smelting setups and power plants. I need to take down my whole factory (or bigger part) and start over, more compact with tons of resources already made :)

PS. I'll sugest you using smart inserters to collect about 200-300 of each type of material into chest. If you don't know how (I was thinking half a hour on how logustics and redwire system works) you can ask me :)

askovdk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by askovdk »

Thank you for your comments and kind offer for helping with redwire.
I will expriment on my own, and then probably come back with questions.

My smelting area in the first factory was not very structured, so today (at work :geek: ) I couldn't help to think about a compact design with the following goals:
1: It should be extendable in 2 dimensions.
2: It should be possible to build early, i.e. without advanced research.

This is what I came up with, and it only requires long inserters and underpasses to be researched.

So to explain:
Coal and ore are travelling on the belts to the south.
Short and long inserters grab it and places it on belt with either coal and ore for the iron smelters or just coal for the steel smelters. The number of inserters can be increased as needed.
The iron smelters are fed from the mixed belts, and deliver iron plates either to the output iron belt, or directly into the steel smelters that are fed coal from the other side.
The finished products are passed out under the feeding belts to the south.

If I need more steel, then I can extend the production by removing a section of the iron belt...

...and then add a new steel section and rebuild the iron belt.

The design can be extended both upward and sidewards by copying the sections as needed. :)

Zemalf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zemalf »

I liked the idea of extendable design very much. While it's a nice challenge to create compact designs, but in general I don't like to corner myself in, so I like to have the options to easily expand whatever production line I need. Using the design as an inspiration I can run coal, iron and copper in three long belts and build a new foundry extension whenever I need it. Can start small and build up as needed - awesome.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

I still have a lot of work to do on mine since I need to finish the output chains and make a REAL research loop but here is mine so far. Also need to redirect some iron plates to my steel production center.

My inputs, which I need to work on a bit more so I can strip mine the planet. There are 20 smelters in a row, some are not shown.

Gears, belts, and Computer Chips. I need to expand my chip production since I use too much though.

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Staxxy »

Coal shortage incoming !

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

What the hell is a sandbox anyway?

Neok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neok »

brunzenstein wrote:What the hell is a sandbox anyway?
Dunno why you would ask this in a thread from 2013 but here is a sandbox for you:

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

brunzenstein wrote:What the hell is a sandbox anyway?
Is that type of game where you don't have scenario but instead many small elements that you can play with.
In that games you can go when you want, do what you want, ignore what you don't like etc.
But remember Sandbox > Open world

Return to “Show your Creations”