My little cracking refinery

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

My little cracking refinery

Post by LoSboccacc »

I like this setup.

two tanks store incoming crude, then products are produced in parallel by two refinery and stored in two tank each.

on heavy and light oil output two chemical plant take care of never getting stuck by byproducts unable to produce gasoline, by cracking all the things

full image linnk: http://tinypic.com/r/2hdru3n/8

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My little cracking refinery

Post by ssilk »

Very useable. I would put the pic into the wiki, if nothing speaks against it?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

Of course!

Maybe you can add more explabation of the circuit then:
this setup will consume heavy oil before light oil because the input pipes to the second chemical plant are connected. you might want to use separate chemical plant for getting rid of loght oil faster, but then light oil from the heavy oil cracking would never be used for nothing else than recracking. A pump pumping from the light oil tank to the second chemical plant would have the same effect of preventing usage of cracked oil in the main circuit

mohreb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mohreb »

if you put pumps back-ways (from before the chemical entry to the tanks) would it prevent cracking if not needed? (as in, keep heavy and light oil for other use first, only crack it if there is an overflow?) i have hard time imagining a system which could provide all three products without under-supply of one of them if something gets an over flow ...

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

you want to use the oil first for direct use, second for storage and third for cracking. so you have to do a setup like this:

Code: Select all

Refinery ------ Cracking Plant ----- pump>>> ---- Storage ------ pump>>> ------ Other chemical plants
The output from the cracking plant has to enter the pipe of the next oil type just after the refinery

Return to “Show your Creations”