Logistics Smart Storage System

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Logistics Smart Storage System

Post by Deathmage »

We all have thought or complained about storage chests being filled with rubbish, and i have created a system that stops that. It take resources(only copper and iron in the pic but can be changed/extended) in from a separate system (not linked) and if over a pre-set amount resources will be put into the system, or if it gets to low will take them out again. Time for the programing of the S. inserters do you want me to link the saves, or write down the programing? Hope you will find good uses for this.

tiggyd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Logistics Smart Storage System

Post by tiggyd »

Wow, what a great system! I stopped my last game short due to this very reason, the chaos I faced once my robots reached the hundreds. I no longer knew what on earth was going on! So, this time I've started again, planning ahead. Thank you for giving me some extra organisation to add to my factory layout. I will test and get back to you in due time :)
Namaste
“I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.”

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

Personaly I would just use smart inserters for all the resources that go into the logic network. For example: in my current game I'm using smart inserters to store the finished circuits in the provider chest, I've set these smart inserters to only work when the circuits in the logic network are less than 400 (circuits<400), this way the factories stop producing circuits when my logic network has 400 or more circuits in the network.

I've also seen what happens when I forget to implement these smart inserters: I had 800 fast inserters in my storage! But to be clear, the smart inserter at my roboport-factory is set to only five (roboport<5).

I hope this can offer you another alternative in maneging your logistic system. :)

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

Alfdaur wrote:Personaly I would just use smart inserters for all the resources that go into the logic network. For example: in my current game I'm using smart inserters to store the finished circuits in the provider chest, I've set these smart inserters to only work when the circuits in the logic network are less than 400 (circuits<400), this way the factories stop producing circuits when my logic network has 400 or more circuits in the network.

I've also seen what happens when I forget to implement these smart inserters: I had 800 fast inserters in my storage! But to be clear, the smart inserter at my roboport-factory is set to only five (roboport<5).

I hope this can offer you another alternative in maneging your logistic system. :)
i wood like to add one bit ot this if you have more tham one input For example: 2 circuits factor ( A,B)

circuits factor A <400 with output from 4 Assembling machine
circuits factor B <300 with output from 8 to 16 Assembling machine.

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

Alfdaur wrote:Personally I would just use smart inserters for all the resources that go into the logic network. For example: in my current game I'm using smart inserters to store the finished circuits in the provider chest, I've set these smart inserters to only work when the circuits in the logic network are less than 400 (circuits<400), this way the factories stop producing circuits when my logic network has 400 or more circuits in the network.

I hope this can offer you another alternative in managing your logistic system. :)
not quite sure what you mean if you mean filtering, no point, or if you mean using the item limits, the center of it isn't in range of any robo-ports, intentionally so that robots dont dump everything else in there and the raw materials aren't counted on the system. It take over flow.

Return to “Show your Creations”