The nano factory - only one assembling machine

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

The nano factory - only one assembling machine

Post by Case »

Hey mates

I just wanted to show you my little nano factory, where I play the game with only one assembling machine. Its a quite interesting challenge and I still have so much to do on it. What you can see on the attachment is my assembling machine, with almost all items you can produce in the game around it. At this point I have over 9 days game time in it (most of it was trying to figure out stuff) and I launched a rocket just for funnsies.
The interesting part for me is to solve all the puzzles that come with the challenge, most of them are new, some are common knowledge but I wanted to come up with my own ideas first.

Feel free to lemme know what you think about it .. and take care.

If you are interested in how it works you can check out the The Nano Factory - playlist I have links in the info section of each part, so you can hopp around quickly and don't have to watch the whole thing.
Attachments
The nano factory with 0.13 changes
The nano factory with 0.13 changes
The Nano Factory 0.13.png (570.8 KiB) Viewed 7453 times
The Nano Factory
The Nano Factory
The_Nano_Factory.jpg (103.67 KiB) Viewed 8296 times
Last edited by Case on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The nano factory - only one assembling machine

Post by Gertibrumm »

This is really cool!
Thing is you have to afk and change recipes which exactly what I am doing in my factory.
Once I find time to make a .13 factory and post pictures ill just be inspired by things like this!

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

The circuit network additions in .13 should make a much more efficient version possible! :)

Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Case »

Yes I'm working on it :) .. I think the new inserter and their stack sizes will bring my factory to yet another level.

The 0.13 update was hitting my factory pretty hard :) .. I guess it will take a while to fix all the issues. I have to rewire my networks and switch all my 1300 inserters to the new ones - fun for days :)

I started this factory just to see how far I would come with it. I thought as well it would be a lot of AFK and standing in front of the assembler and wait till something is finished. Surprisingly this is not the case the whole factory works and feels almost like a normal factory. The point is my assembler is worth 7.5 normal assembling machines 3 with his crafting speed of 8. This means I basically have 7 assemblers running to make my products. And this is pretty much a normal factory with multiple assemblers for the products. The trick is to have a buffer system that can handle huge amounts of items. Then you can start lets say green circuits and can go of to work on the train system or the mining areas and the factory can work for an hour or so without maintenance. All other minor products you need are made in almost no time. I can make 1k inserters per minute so if I need some I just switch the recipe wait a minute and are they are done for days :). Engines are made in 4 sec .. I guess you can see what I mean.

thanks for your comments
Case

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

This is a great idea. If they ever add the possibility of switching the assembly machine recipe from the circuit network then you could make it fully automatic I guess.

Well done.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

Switching recipes was exactly what I was hoping for but Ill probably have to stick to dull recipe-changing.

By the way, I have got a combinator system ready for implementation that automaticaly sets the next recipes after the lower ones finished producing, unluckily I can only apply this to everything except assembly machines and chem planst which I have to manually set up. I havent tested liquids yet but this system should be capable of handling simple and enlessly expandable furnace/assembler/chemplant/storage-arrays for all recipes on a single belt.

I am hoping to break some records as I dont have to worry about assembler-production-speeds and ratios and can fully concentrate on maximum throughput, one recipe after the other

If anyone is interested I can go into more detail before I make a seperate thread about this (once I actually fully built it)

Leveller
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leveller »

I just dropping by to tell you i love that idea.

Now if we could only get recepieswitching automatic.... :P

Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Case »

Yeah finally I have some of my 0.13 changes finished and I'm quite happy with it.

So far I have an very simple ore sorter, a complete buffer system change and of course the new loading system for my factory. The last one is based on the filtered stack inserter and a little circuit contraption to set the filter how I want it. Its not much for now but I had a bit trouble to secure my factory against the new biter expansion and it toke me quite a while to figure this out - I'm curious about your solution though.

The new stack inserter are a bit to OP for my taste but we will see how it works out I guess. Would be nice to here your thoughts about it.

I don't want to pollute the thread with YT links so I have a link to the playlist in the first post of this thread (or you can just click the link in my signature) and if you are interested you can check it out. Quick links are in the info section for each part - so no need to watch it all :)

Return to “Show your Creations”