Flask production Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Bob9009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Flask production Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post by Bob9009 »

I've just robbed most of the lines of bits for crafting stuff before i took the shot, theres no bottlenecks, but I see your point about direct transfer between assemblers.
I'll have to have a rethink :)

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Thats my design for 1 & 2...

Both produce the same output per second (5 assembler for pack 1, 6 assembler for pack 2, due to different production times). Excess gears, belts, circuits are placed into chests.
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-05-13 22.53.44.jpg
Screenshot 2014-05-13 22.53.44.jpg (314.89 KiB) Viewed 6374 times

Palpatine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Palpatine »

ssilk wrote:I think this is very good, I will take some ideas out from here.Bbut too big. With modules etc, I think about a half or 2/3 of the production is normally enough, especially the blues are really not needed in that amounts. I've calculated that through anywhere else: with the number of assemblies, you could create a high number of blue bottles.
I totally agree. This thing is optimized beyond me, but the production and resource consumption is just too high. With this set up you will need huge ass trains and at least three large iron mines. Currently I am in a slow (unoptimized) game and I only have 1/3 of that capability. I think 2/3 of this is what a normal game needs. I wish someone could optimize a smaller 1-3 tier factory.

Palpatine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Palpatine »

sparr wrote:
deradin wrote:I think you have an issue with the pack 3 plants in the bottom right. I think you did not connect the under belt to transport the circuits and batteries.
Oh, hmm. It was definitely connected shortly before taking the screenshot. Sorry about that. Looks like there's more than enough space to fix it, though.
Thanks for your nice design. How many labs do you have for this factory? Also, why do you need 5 battery plants? Shouldn't 3 suffice as chemical plants have efficiency of 1.25?

Madlax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Madlax »

Compact tier 1+2 design with 9x14 footprint for early stages. 1 green + 1 red flasks per 6.66 seconds. Had to use +20% production module to attain balance between green and red production, but at early stages this can be simply ignored. Science labs can be put separately or right on top (3 labs max @ 9x17 footprint).
Attachments
9x14.jpg
9x14.jpg (142.92 KiB) Viewed 6335 times

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

Madlax wrote:Compact tier 1+2 design with 9x14 footprint for early stages. 1 green + 1 red flasks per 6.66 seconds. Had to use +20% production module to attain balance between green and red production, but at early stages this can be simply ignored. Science labs can be put separately or right on top (3 labs max @ 9x17 footprint).
WOW
Such efficiency
Very production
Little space

Doge likes.

xD

Nah, really, It is a great compact design. as compact as i've seen. I personally don't like to have it like that, but it IS great :)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Even more compact design with 10x11 footprint. ;)

The iron and copper inserters are wired to a smart chest. Iron flows while gears < 10, and copper flows while copper < 10. This is needed to stop the cargo wagon from filling with raw materials.
Attachments
10x11.jpg
10x11.jpg (222.42 KiB) Viewed 6234 times

Madlax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Madlax »

DaveMcW wrote:Even more compact design with 10x11 footprint. ;)

The iron and copper inserters are wired to a smart chest. Iron flows while gears < 10, and copper flows while copper < 10. This is needed to stop the cargo wagon from filling with raw materials.
Very nice! Though you need a little bit more research to be done to implement it, but I like the idea of a cargo wagon in between. Need to think about upgrading my tier 1-4 scheme with that.

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

A few comments.

I like the idea of using a cargo wagon as a means by which to store items and materials. Unlike a chest which can only be accessed by up to 1 inserter per side, the cargo wagon can be accessed by as many as can fit around it.

Regarding Topas and Sparr's combined Science 1-4 factories, having tested out a similar layout in my own game, without the ability to choose to insert on the near side, the Transport Belt production will very quickly choke the Science 2 production since it produces 2 Transport Belts per cycle, meaning they will back up since Science 2 requires only one of each. Without a mod that adds that functionality in, the alternative is to do what I suggested in a previous response by outputting to a belt to the south and then running a Transport Belt around to merge on the empty side.

In my testing of the layout, I also believe that the Gear Factory for the Science 2 area can also, with a long-handled inserter also provide sufficient production for the Science 1 area, thereby needing one less building.

Overall though, unless you are pushing quickly through research, I think this amount of Science production may be overkill. Once I get the important things researched, research tends to be sporadic at best. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 Science 3 Assembly's and 3 Furnaces in the layout and I've also cut back on the Science 1 and 2 Assembly's. You could probably also eliminate half of the Advanced Circuit production, though those extra advanced circuit production could be diverted to Processing Unit production. Once I got into robotics, I eliminated the belts to the Science 3 as well as to the Research area and have used Requester and Provider chests to supply that which is needed.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

A simple production line, not very efficient in terms of time but easy to set up and manage.
Attachments
blue&red.jpg
blue&red.jpg (84.31 KiB) Viewed 6136 times

Return to “Show your Creations”