Factorio 0.9.1 Optimization Guide

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio 0.9.1 Optimization Guide

Post by ssilk »

elkar wrote: Interesting. But messured or not, blue one is still fastest evenso its expensive. There are times towards endgame where you just need those. Or me in this case because i totally hate robots in this game so im not using em.
Didn't say not to use them. But for things, where you have space enough and speed is not needed I build more and more 2, 3, eventually 4 lines of belts. Sometimes fast belts, more basic. Unbeatable. The beginning and end is then of course blue belts. Think for example to distant resource fields, 100 plus miners, feeding into 4 belts, and when it comes to the furnaces I use of course blue, but for the long distance I use basic.

And when you talk about not using bots: what's more efficient, then them?

I want to mention that, because you wanted to write about optimization and that is part of it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

elkar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by elkar »

I just dont like bots but thats just my personal prederence. As for belts you sir are correct.

Sir Nick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sir Nick »

Interesting concept, but you focus on outputting the entire mining operation's ore on a single belt lane supposedly going into the furnaces. Don't you think that you may have issues with that? For example, suppose the belt capacity is not reached and your ore is happily chugging along. However, if you use a long line of furnaces along the belt, you'd have slower overall production and may run into issues with output belt space (or not, thinking about my previous assumption). Anyway, wouldn't it be better to split the output (and by "split" I mean "never ever merge different lines") and feed each one into a separate furnace line?

Marqee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marqee »

Sir Nick wrote:Interesting concept, but you focus on outputting the entire mining operation's ore on a single belt lane supposedly going into the furnaces. Don't you think that you may have issues with that? For example, suppose the belt capacity is not reached and your ore is happily chugging along. However, if you use a long line of furnaces along the belt, you'd have slower overall production and may run into issues with output belt space (or not, thinking about my previous assumption). Anyway, wouldn't it be better to split the output (and by "split" I mean "never ever merge different lines") and feed each one into a separate furnace line?
Sure thet would be better , but the purpose of my test was to find or at least try to find the limit capacity of a single belt.

Return to “Show your Creations”