My future green science pack factory.

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

My future green science pack factory.

Post by ficolas »

This is my future green science pack factory (Its future because I havent made it in my leggit game, only testing it, but I will make it there soon :) )
It haves no wiring done for it to be clearer, but I had it running for a bit and all 12 green assemblers work at the same time, without inserter/belt overflow.
The machines that have a blue square arround need to be overclocked (100% more speed).
I will also add productivity modules on the science pack assemblers, and I think it will be enough for lots of labs :D
Inputs are quite messy because I used chests to input the materials.
green science packs.jpg
green science packs.jpg (468.04 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
Edit: Only the basic inserter assemblers need overclock
I think the best rates are 3 gear assemblers, 6 copper cable, 2 circuits, 1 belt, 4 inserters and 12 green science packs. The only thing that is wrong is that I have 2 inserter asemblers instead of 4, so thats why I overclocked it.
I migh re-do it though.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My future green science pack factory.

Post by BurnHard »

Hm production time of 1 inserter is 0,5 seconds, green science pack is 6 seconds. When you use same assembler-type, you can support up to 12 green science pack assemblers with only one inserter-assembler. Same goes with circuits (one one assembler needed), total 2 gear assemblers and 3 or 4 wire assemblers (depends on arrangement).

When using such cutting edge-designs just look that you have fast enough inserters (or more than one) for input and output of the fast crafted products.

In your screeshot eg the long-handled inserter out of the normal inserter-assembler is one of the bottlenecks, same with the long-handle inserter that is putting gears into the inserter-assembler, the specific assembling machine would only work half of the time.

I can show you my design when 0.9.1 is released, at the moment I can't load any of my savegames :D

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

BurnHard wrote:Hm production time of 1 inserter is 0,5 seconds, green science pack is 6 seconds. When you use same assembler-type, you can support up to 12 green science pack assemblers with only one inserter-assembler. Same goes with circuits (one one assembler needed), total 2 gear assemblers and 3 or 4 wire assemblers (depends on arrangement).

When using such cutting edge-designs just look that you have fast enough inserters (or more than one) for input and output of the fast crafted products.

In your screeshot eg the long-handled inserter out of the normal inserter-assembler is one of the bottlenecks, same with the long-handle inserter that is putting gears into the inserter-assembler, the specific assembling machine would only work half of the time.

I can show you my design when 0.9.1 is released, at the moment I can't load any of my savegames :D
Its true I dont know what the fuck I did in my calcs... I will re do it... I guess the reason it worked without overflow when testing was because of the long handed inserters.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Brings me to an important point for the blueprints: some relevant info about needed research should be added, when saved. Inserter stacksize, logistic bots stacksize etc.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Show your Creations”