Liquid Crafting Sector

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Liquid Crafting Sector

Post by crazybmanp »

update .9 came out and I was playing on "DASDF", my save game from the very first update after the game got out of kickstarter. I was fortunate enough to get back to this world after a bug fix that was included in the latest update (btw, thanks devs if you are reading).

I was thinking that i had enough of my small 40 engine backup array (it has already been replaced several times over in the main array) so i tore it all down and put my refinery/liquid production. It is far from the most optimized but this save has always been about what needs to get done now to provide the maximum payoff that i need at the moment. my first decision was no incoming pipe, that would limit my intake area to only local, so starting at the bottom we have oil brought in on my massive logistics system. This is stored in tanks temporarily.

next is a 3-refinery setup and the output pipes here are arranged in quite an interesting way, you will notice T-intersections of underground pipes that minimize pipes above ground. This of course goes into the main material storage. Then things get interesting, windy pipes and all.

to the left is heavy oil production. this is mainly turned into lubricant and from there goes into two processors that turn it into the two types of engines. this part of the factory is quite slow and i am looking for a good way to expand (i am guessing i will have to move north, requiring more land to be secured) another quite silly pipe goes over to the flamethrower fuel department.

light oil only goes to solid-fuel manufacturing. i store 10k solid fuel locally, and 5k is kept at the remote main engine array to fuel boilers (the train on the left takes it there regularly)

petroleum is fun as i often overfill on that. so i have a second solid fuel manufacturing center at the top. however at this point i make too much solid fuel and all parts of the factory back up, which isn't really bad since it will only backup if there is nothing possible to produce. directly north of the petrol tanks is the small rubber manufacturing plant, which is all i have found that i need. 200 rubber is always kept ready and they are quite speedy. next is sulfur production, i managed to use two chests and just arms to move sulfur between the sulfur crafters and the acid crafters, and as a bonus one provider chest provides 400 sulfur for the rest of the factory (mostly explosives)

from the acid i simply have a battery line that is supplied via logistics bots as well and provides 400 batteries at all times, which allows be to burst-craft accumulators and turrets on-demand (you can see an average defensive line in the north west of this shot, this is almost not needed any more as the northern field has been disarmed as a threat).

I thought it would be fun to share this small part of my factory with you guys as i really enjoy playing this game. I didn't really mean to write a novel here about it but i have noticed that some things that i do in my designs are different than other people do in their factories.
Attachments
Factory Liquid Area.jpg
Factory Liquid Area.jpg (631.88 KiB) Viewed 4445 times

Return to “Show your Creations”