3 bit adder

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

quadrapod
Inserter
Inserter

3 bit adder

Post by quadrapod »

Just something I thought I'd try out real quick, it's a little finicky but works.

Input is in the form of copper bars put into the red and yellow chests.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: 3 bit adder

Post by cube »

Wow, yesterday i was thinking about making a challenge here on the forums for it.

Anyway, you are the winner :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

quadrapod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quadrapod »

cube wrote:Wow, yesterday i was thinking about making a challenge here on the forums for it.

Anyway, you are the winner :-)

I do like being the winner. Is there a prize. :P

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

My factorio logic is a bit rusty/non-existent. Can you explain how it works? Also, which of the in- and outputs are the least and most significant bit? I assume most to least significant are still left to right?

Cool work! I was thinking of doing some logic stuff myself, but I feel a bit intimidated by the mess of wires it gives :P
Ignore this

quadrapod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quadrapod »

Gammro wrote:My factorio logic is a bit rusty/non-existent. Can you explain how it works? Also, which of the in- and outputs are the least and most significant bit? I assume most to least significant are still left to right?

Cool work! I was thinking of doing some logic stuff myself, but I feel a bit intimidated by the mess of wires it gives :P

Yeah LSB is on the left and it's a simple ripple carry adder with some extra chests and inserters in there for timing. It's one time use then it needs to be reloaded unfortunately, and some of the inserters need to be destroyed and replaced due to a bug.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

That bug is "Inserters picking things up when unpowered" ?

Also, what do you think would be a best small change to make logic stuff in factorio easier?
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

quadrapod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quadrapod »

cube wrote:That bug is "Inserters picking things up when unpowered" ?

Also, what do you think would be a best small change to make logic stuff in factorio easier?

Yeah that's the bug, and I only found it because I was making things like this.

As for small changes, being able to disable parts of the electrical network would be nice, maybe give substations some kind of fuse panel, so that if they don't have a fuse in them they don't power anything or transmit power down the line. That would in theory make constucting things like an ALU possible as well as giving more purpose to logic systems.

Return to “Show your Creations”