A short report on 10 hours into 0.12.10 MP

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

yac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A short report on 10 hours into 0.12.10 MP

Post by yac »

Hey,

I haven't played since 0.10 but I somehow managed to get several (mostly new) players interested so we started a good old 3 person LAN party with good new Factorio 0.12.10 and boy, was I pleasantly surprised :)

10 hours of multiplayer with few to no problems. Windows 10 guest machine dropped once, Fedora 22 dropped few times, but that can't even be safely attributed to Factorio due to a chaotic nature of the linux software stack. A remote player joined us over the internetz later on and I didn't even notice.

See the humble result yourself:
(fun facts and numbers included if you can decode Czech language)

https://www.facebook.com/yac.srck/posts/910080482360912

As of player satisfaction, we went to sleep before 8:00 AM after a very long engineering spree, taking sick day in work and regretting nothing. Two players seen Factorio for first time and they fell in love quickly. Thank you, Factorio crew, for allowing us to experience this, because I can't imagine having this particular flavour of awesome outside of the virtual reality :)

What a time to be alive!

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A short report on 10 hours into 0.12.10 MP

Post by GewaltSam »

Factorio is the game I wish I had when I was actively going to LAN parties (and boy, have I seen a lot of them). That would have easily made one of the best weekends ever!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

GewaltSam wrote:Factorio is the game I wish I had when I was actively going to LAN parties (and boy, have I seen a lot of them). That would have easily made one of the best weekends ever!
Completely with you on this one. I wish Factorio was around back in the days when I would my best friends over for a huge gaming party. Would of been epic. :D
Image Image Image

mazetar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mazetar »

I disagree, me and my friends baerly saw the sun as it was... I can't imagine passing high school if we had factorio

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

GewaltSam wrote:Factorio is the game I wish I had when I was actively going to LAN parties (and boy, have I seen a lot of them). That would have easily made one of the best weekends ever!
So long ago... It's such a game where the whole auditorium suddenly plays one game - the whole night.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

yac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yac »

mazetar wrote:I disagree, me and my friends baerly saw the sun as it was... I can't imagine passing high school if we had factorio
True dat :D But it makes its players better engineers, possibly you'd gain more problem solving skills from one Factorio LAN party (we only had 10 hours one so far...) than from many courses I had in college. I find it pretty similar in many aspects to programming, and some good programming/engineering practices do apply to Factorio as well ^^

yac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yac »

"Hmm, I need to refactor that steel production line..."

"Dude, make that scalable from the beginning."

"Who the fuck built this and what did he smoke cause I want that shit. I also want to purge this evil creation with fire."

Return to “Show your Creations”