Haluzsqua HD Rework!

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ruhroh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Haluzsqua HD Rework!

Post by ruhroh »

This has been put into a mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/db48x/original-music-hd

-- ßilk

Hi, I'm new to Factorio and have definitely taken a liking to it!

One of my hobbies is electronic music and audio mastering, and a side of that is re-working video game music.

Having searched around on youtube for a factorio playlist of music that I could loop while I play (so the music / ambience doesn't stop) I only ran across the 2 original songs...one of them I quite liked but it's audio quality wasn't very good. (sounds about the same in game as well)

I saw quite a few requests for a higher def. version of Haluzsqua on the youtube channel where it was posted, and after scouring around I couldn't find any either and just assumed that 200kbps version was the only one available. I found the tune quite charming so I thought it'd be fun to remake a high definition version available in .wav for those that want it.

So here it is! Re-done from scratch! Hopefully the .wav being available for download is ok? If not, let me know!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the track I'm all ears. Don't like the clap, hats or maybe the main synth? I can change it! (I have a big synth/sound library) I can also re-up a longer-looping version for those interested in that as well.

https://soundcloud.com/theterranastrona ... luzsqua-hd

(Keep in mind soundcloud streams at 192kbps, so the original .wav file will be even more pristine)
Last edited by ruhroh on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Haluzsqua HD Rework!

Post by Gammro »

I think that those tracks aren't even in the game anymore, it got a whole new soundtrack a while ago and I think I haven't heard it anymore. If I remember correctly, it was a (legitimate) free track they found somewhere to have at least some music

Good work on the track though! the original was over compressed to hell.
Ignore this

ruhroh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ruhroh »

Huh, bummer that they'd get rid of it...It fit nicely into the factorio theme. I actually don't really like a few of the newer songs as much...so...yeah.

Also thinking about re-doing the other 2 "original" songs as well. Can have an HD nostalgia pack at least :D.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That is great. Crystal clear sound. Nice. :) That piece is also something like an evergreen. It's really so nice.

Sadly these tracks are currently not longer in the game. But because they are free there is nothing against (re-)making a mod out of it. :)

PS: I know what to hear tomorrow at work

PPS: What software do you use? Do you want to share the stems?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ruhroh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ruhroh »

ssilk wrote:That is great. Crystal clear sound. Nice. :) That piece is also something like an evergreen. It's really so nice.

Sadly these tracks are currently not longer in the game. But because they are free there is nothing against (re-)making a mod out of it. :)

PS: I know what to hear tomorrow at work

PPS: What software do you use? Do you want to share the stems?
DAW = FL Studio 10 (For mixing and arranging) / Cubase 5 (For mastering)

Synths = Sylenth1 / Nexus2 (The oldware "free" stuff) / Massive and the synths from FL10 / Cubase. Drums kits usually come from everywhere I can snag 'em.

Mastering Chain = Izotope Ozone 5 Multiband Compressor => Harmonic exciter => Maximizer => Post EQ (touchup) => PSP2 Vintage Audio Warmer

-Edit : Here's a pack for the whole shebang, all the individual tracks in .wav. The processing, including my master bus chain is all there, and i was careful to keep all of the reverb and delay tails fully intact. If unprocessed is desired I can do that too.

Linkage - https://www.mediafire.com/?8u0if5hf8hfbyb8

-Edit x2 : And the .midi for it as well, because why not right?

https://www.mediafire.com/?xb0caouoi3202ny

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lancar »

OMG! I miss this one SO much. It was pretty much the first BGM i heard in factorio, so for me it kinda symbolizes the spirit of the game. It feels very factory:ish while still be quite cheery. This re-done version is really great!

Please oh PLEASE bring this back into the game!!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I moved it from "general" to "show your creations".

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

I love this remake! It too reminds me of when I first played Factorio! I think that there should be more settings to control the way music plays in Factorio (just music or music and ambience). In regards to finding the music, I just looked in Factorio/data/base/sound/ambient
I'm not sure if I'm meant to be looking there but I'm not selling them or copying them elsewhere...
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

ruhroh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ruhroh »

Thanks much! Glad you guys like it :D

And if the devs were ever interested in working these tunes back in (though I doubt it, as they don't fit with the new soundtrack) HQ .ogg file format is definitely doable.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This evening I made music:

https://soundcloud.com/ssilk-1/v02haluzsqua
Thanks to ruhroh for the midi. I didn't try to make it similar, I added my own sound.

ruhroh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ruhroh »

ssilk wrote:This evening I made music:

https://soundcloud.com/ssilk-1/v02haluzsqua
Thanks to ruhroh for the midi. I didn't try to make it similar, I added my own sound.
Pretty neat. More of a down tempo sorta thing, though it strays away from the sci-fi soundscape, i still like it. Good work :)

Return to “Show your Creations”