Using Floors and such

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Using Floors and such

Post by Schorty »

Hi guys!

I felt the urge to use the new floors to organize my factory a bit and make it prettier. So I started a new game with the goal to have a pretty factory. It might not be the most efficient, but it looks cool! At least I think so. I also tried to fit anything into those squares, to make it a bit more like a puzzle game. What are your thoughts on this one?
Greetings,
Schorty
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Using Floors and such

Post by Zhab »

Well it certainly feel different from the usual grassy/sandy background. Adding walls on the perimeter give the illusion of an actual factory building with the ceiling removed so that we can see.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Nice and clean. Would be even better if you clean out concrete paths of poles, lamps and belts. Nevertheless I like your city-like layout. I myself make something like this, but more messy :D

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Zhab wrote:Well it certainly feel different from the usual grassy/sandy background. Adding walls on the perimeter give the illusion of an actual factory building with the ceiling removed so that we can see.
Nice idea. I'll certainly do so, when the factory reached point, where it won't expand much any more, so I don't have to move the walls that often :D

hitzu wrote:Nice and clean. Would be even better if you clean out concrete paths of poles, lamps and belts. Nevertheless I like your city-like layout. I myself make something like this, but more messy :D
The poles&lamps are there on purpose. That way to factory is as bright as in full daylight. The belts can't go anywhere else, so I did it the other way around now: I removed the concrete beneath the belts ;)
I really enjoy building a factory like this. The city-like feal, as you called it, is very appealing to me :)
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I'm using mod with colored concrete and right now my factory looks like that. I'm rebuilding entire factory so some sections are not working yet.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Schorty wrote:
Zhab wrote:Well it certainly feel different from the usual grassy/sandy background. Adding walls on the perimeter give the illusion of an actual factory building with the ceiling removed so that we can see.
Nice idea. I'll certainly do so, when the factory reached point, where it won't expand much any more, so I don't have to move the walls that often :D

hitzu wrote:Nice and clean. Would be even better if you clean out concrete paths of poles, lamps and belts. Nevertheless I like your city-like layout. I myself make something like this, but more messy :D
The poles&lamps are there on purpose. That way to factory is as bright as in full daylight. The belts can't go anywhere else, so I did it the other way around now: I removed the concrete beneath the belts ;)
I really enjoy building a factory like this. The city-like feal, as you called it, is very appealing to me :)
Do you have a savegame?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

kovarex wrote:Do you have a savegame?
Of course!
Attachments
pretty_factory.zip
(3.68 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zhab »

Dev asking for your save file. That got to be some badge of honor.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Zhab wrote:Dev asking for your save file. That got to be some badge of honor.
*Achievment unlocked*

:)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Great idea with those floors and colors to combine stuff. This gives me an idea!

Return to “Show your Creations”