Post your map Thread

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post your map Thread

Post by zlosynus »

Hi!

So I started testing little bit new version with the map, and I am building a new factory. I have done some exploration and the game world looks much better now. I decided to share it and to post my map.
map.png
map.png (66.47 KiB) Viewed 8974 times
Btw. there are strange straight-line changes in the terrain, I suppose it is some bug of the map generator? Also the resources are not very visible, especially coal and stone. I would suggest to make the terrain less contrast and to make the resources and forests much more visible.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Post your map Thread

Post by wrtlprnft »

zlosynus wrote:Btw. there are strange straight-line changes in the terrain, I suppose it is some bug of the map generator?
Did you start this map with one version of factorio, then finish using a later version? If different chunks of the map are generated with different versions of the map generator, straight lines are to be expected.

Otherwise, it's a bug…

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

wrtlprnft wrote:
zlosynus wrote:Btw. there are strange straight-line changes in the terrain, I suppose it is some bug of the map generator?
Did you start this map with one version of factorio, then finish using a later version? If different chunks of the map are generated with different versions of the map generator, straight lines are to be expected.

Otherwise, it's a bug…
I started this map with version 6.0 and then just updated these bug fixes. I am not sure whether the map generator was changed in any way. Also it seems to be just a problem with background, everything else is smooth. So I would say it is a bug.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. With this map you'll have problems finding enough creeper eggs to finish rocket defense, cause there are so few creepers.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ssilk wrote:Hm. With this map you'll have problems finding enough creeper eggs to finish rocket defense, cause there are so few creepers.
I don't think so, there is infinite count of these :)

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

ssilk wrote:Hm. With this map you'll have problems finding enough creeper eggs to finish rocket defense, cause there are so few creepers.
There are only a few of them because I have destroyed many of them :). (Using car, it is fairly cheap and easy.) Now I am trying to make a wall around my factory, so I am safe of all the creepers that want to destroy me.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

zlosynus wrote: There are only a few of them because I have destroyed many of them :). (Using car, it is fairly cheap and easy.) Now I am trying to make a wall around my factory, so I am safe of all the creepers that want to destroy me.
Ah! I do this after I build a wall. I build very heavy industry from start up, so otherwise the hordes would really overrun me.

This reminds me to this unhappy behavior of the gun turrets, that they are loaded to the limits when using inserters. I'll immediately make a suggestion...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Show your Creations”