First Freeplay setup (wip)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

First Freeplay setup (wip)

Post by Verbesity »

This is just a basic setup I have running for my first try at freeplay after the three tutorial levels. Still trying to figure stuff out and just setting up some basic assembly. Very much a work in progress since I only even have 1/3 of the research completed.

It took me a few in game days and a lot of avoiding creeper camps but I managed to find a ginormous patch of iron. Sadly it was a long, long way away from any coal that I could get to.

Here's the coal mining setup and transport.

Did I mention that the coal was a looooooooooong ways away from where I'm set up? There's a lot of excess coal being produced at the moment. Hopefully I have enough coal production to setup another line of furnaces for material production.

Finally we get to the factory as it is right now. The first thing I got set up was of course lots of iron production which then became ammunition for my turrets so that I don't have to worry about creepers messing with my stuff. Aas of posting I have about 4k magazines that I'm pretty sure I'll never use. Although I've taken out two spawners and the attacks are still pretty ridiculously sized. I have 2.6k excess iron plates in the chest at the end of the furnace line and 3.5k excess copper plates in the chest near the bottom of the image. The first assembly more complex than one item I've got is for basic science kits and I've got about 315 in the chest and about 100 in the lab.

The area outlined in red is taking in raw iron and coal into furnaces making iron plates, converting those into magazines, and moving them through three iron chests for storage.

The area in Green is my electricity production (along with an identical setup you can see by the coal mining which is connected by a long line of electric polls) all nine generators are running at about 4.5/9 available power so I've got plenty of extra for expansion.

The area in blue is my setup for producing basic science kits which includes an extension of my iron production that feeds straight into an assembly machine which turns them into iron gears. It also includes some unnecessary underground transport belts that which coal from the main flow up to some furnaces which smelt raw copper into copper plates with then go along with the iron gears to become science kits and go into storage.

I know it isn't super efficient but this is just my first run through trying to get everything working so that I can learn how it works. Then comes the tough part of figuring out how to master it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

My next step seems to be setting up steel production and stocking up on tons of unnecessary armor piercing rounds (I'm American, it's what we do).

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Re: First Freeplay setup (wip)

Post by Verbesity »

Just finished setting up a basic steel production. Can also be used as a basic guide on what you need to setup steel production.

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Re: First Freeplay setup (wip)

Post by Verbesity »

Growing bit by bit. Changed as much conveyor belt as possible to underground belts and added a Science Pack 2 production line. Also I tried to clear out the creeper camps but every time I clear one out two more seem to spawn into the world so I just gave up and built 75 lazer turrets and a giant chain of steam engines (I believe 24 of them) to support them and four times the energy my factory needs.

Now that I've upgraded to lazer turrets and switched to armor piercing rounds/rockets for my personal ammo I have just about four steel chests full of standard ammunition that will never get used (Trashcan/recycle function?). I've also got over two steel chests full of copper cable because from looking at the recipes I'm going to need literal tons of them for a Science Pack 3 production line.

Return to “Show your Creations”