How do you uninstall RSO during a game?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Kenira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How do you uninstall RSO during a game?

Post by Kenira »

I wanted to play without RSO, only to realize after several hours it was active. If i uninstall RSO, map generation just generates empty chunks for new chunks i explore without any enemies or resources.

How do i uninstall RSO properly without breaking map generation?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How do you uninstall RSO during a game?

Post by orzelek »

I'm sorry but I have no idea.
RSO disbles ores in data stage and when you remove it they should not be disabled any more.
Why they are not showing up again I don't know. If that state is persisted in the save somehow I can't do anything about that since there is no way to add mod delete migration.

Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Solinya »

orzelek wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:58 pm
If that state is persisted in the save somehow I can't do anything about that since there is no way to add mod delete migration.
A hacky way to do this would be to have an "uninstall RSO" mod that just runs a migration script to restore the data tables, assuming that's the issue. Since all migration scripts are run on a save file when a mod is loaded for that save for the first time, they could disable RSO, enable the uninstaller, migrate the save, then disable the uninstaller.

But going through all that effort would depend on how many people are actually in the situation where they want to remove RSO from an existing game.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Solinya wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 am
orzelek wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:58 pm
If that state is persisted in the save somehow I can't do anything about that since there is no way to add mod delete migration.
A hacky way to do this would be to have an "uninstall RSO" mod that just runs a migration script to restore the data tables, assuming that's the issue. Since all migration scripts are run on a save file when a mod is loaded for that save for the first time, they could disable RSO, enable the uninstaller, migrate the save, then disable the uninstaller.

But going through all that effort would depend on how many people are actually in the situation where they want to remove RSO from an existing game.
The thing is that RSO can't restore data tables. If it's not present they are restored. Only modification RSO does is to disable autoplaces in data stage. Why restoring them doesn't get seen by save file is a separate mystery.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ChangeMapSettings to change map settings
then use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/regenerate-terrain to regenerate already explored parts of the mod if you want. It will keep your tiles and buildings but also respawn trees, ores and the natives. The last one means you might end up with native hives very close to your base so you should sprinkle some laser turrets around everything you care about if you use it. Or maybe just concrete everywhere you don't want them to spawn at?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Qon wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 pm
Use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ChangeMapSettings to change map settings
then use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/regenerate-terrain to regenerate already explored parts of the mod if you want. It will keep your tiles and buildings but also respawn trees, ores and the natives. The last one means you might end up with native hives very close to your base so you should sprinkle some laser turrets around everything you care about if you use it. Or maybe just concrete everywhere you don't want them to spawn at?
RSO doesn't change map settings in any way. It actually uses them to modify it's own generation.

Regeneration of terrain might still not create ores since it seems that game somehow stores disabled autoplaces in save file.. or something like that.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”