Mod compatibility with "Bad Biters" mod.

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

enthusiasticplayer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod compatibility with "Bad Biters" mod.

Post by enthusiasticplayer »

This might be too much to ask, but i thought i'd give it a try.

There is a mod i use called "Bad Biters" which basically adds different colored biters and nests with 80% resistances. Basically i like the challenge.

The problem i had is, when i loaded RSO in my map, it started to use RSO biter and resource generation (as intended) for ungenerated chunks, but when i unchecked the RSO biter generation it changed to no biter generation at all. No biters in newly generated chunks. Probably mods overwriting the default settings or something.

Maybe there is or will be a fix for this, thanks :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod compatibility with "Bad Biters" mod.

Post by orzelek »

Default generation doesn't take any of new bases and biters into account. I'd need a small config file from mod author or can look into adding it myself.

I think that if you enable vanilla generation game should start creating enemy bases but you might need to travel a bit for that - it only starts working on newly generated chunks. And depending on how you play you might have quite a few generated even when they are not uncovered yet.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

orzelek wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:49 am
Default generation doesn't take any of new bases and biters into account. I'd need a small config file from mod author or can look into adding it myself.
Can you add the same bases generation as by vanilla bases, but with another seed? So they have same size , same frequency, but not in the same places. Maybe not in start area, they are pretty hard on the game start.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

darkfrei wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:05 am
orzelek wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:49 am
Can you add the same bases generation as by vanilla bases, but with another seed? So they have same size , same frequency, but not in the same places. Maybe not in start area, they are pretty hard on the game start.
Technically I could try but system was never tested with two separate sources of biter bases. I'm not sure how many small issues would arise from that that would need fixing. And it would double amount of biters overall in theory (two separate rolls instead of one).
It's much easier to add them to current spawn settings and set weights properly so they are rare near starting area and get more prominent further out.

enthusiasticplayer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enthusiasticplayer »

Thank you both for the responses! You're amazing!

I just updated Bad Biters to 0.0.4 and want to report back on my findings! :)

Bad Biters now works with RSO with the right settings but retains the behaviour found before the patch with other settings - for me.

Alongside the Bad Biters mod, when i deactivate - in "Startup" settings - "Use vanilla biter generation" for RSO then activate "Use RSO Biter generation" in "Map" settings vanilla biters will be generated.

Alongside the Bad Biters mod, when i deactivate - in "Startup" settings - "Use vanilla biter generation" for RSO then also deactivate "Use RSO Biter generation" in "Map" settings no biters at all will be generated.

Alongside the Bad Biters mod, when i activate - in "Startup" settings - "Use vanilla biter generation" for RSO then also activate "Use RSO Biter generation" in "Map" settings vanilla biters will be generated.

Alongside the Bad Biters mod, when i activate - in "Startup" settings - "Use vanilla biter generation" for RSO then deactivate "Use RSO Biter generation" in "Map" settings BadBiters will be generated!

To sum up (for anyone that might have a problem in the future), if you don't get the right biters, activate RSO vanilla generation in Startup but deactivate it in Map settings and your problem might be solved!

For me this is excellent news, so thank you very much! :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Since I did not add the support to RSO yet using vanilla generation in RSO will preserve original mod settings and generate biters like that.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

The "Bad Biters" makes now own biter spawners if here was no RSO and uses standard spawners if RSO was detected.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Do you want me to add some kind of compatibility? Either mix it up with normals or try to make separated spawning rules?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

orzelek wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm
Do you want me to add some kind of compatibility? Either mix it up with normals or try to make separated spawning rules?
Yes, new spawners are added and not disabled, but just not spawned while your mod does not spawns them. So you can try to adjust spawning parameters and they are coming back without problem.

In the version 0.17 they will be also changed and we are need to make it compatible, again.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”