What's the best way to configure ores individually?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

What's the best way to configure ores individually?

Post by Ober3550 »

Obviously there's already config files within the RSO mod that support a multitude of different mods. But I'd like to change things to my own liking for a particular modpack. What's the best way to change the ore generation so that RSO can use an outside mods settings for creating ores. Things like reintroducing vanilla ores and bob ores to an angels world after Angels override removes them. From what I understand of looking through the mod firstly all resourceconfig files create a whole ton of functions. Then all of these functions are conglomerated in mainconfig into one big function that when called returns a data-table called config that gets returned to the control stage. Within the control stage these settings are used to generate ores in various ways. From what I understand you can't introduce RSO config settings to the data table since everything is handled within functions. What would be the best way to introduce my own mods ore generation?

I just had a thought while writing this that theoretically you can call the RSO mainconfig function in data-final-fixes within your own mod. And then that populates the config data table and then you can possibly populate it?? But even then when the control stage is called it will be calling all the functions again and ignore any tables you made... so yeah. I don't know how this could be done.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What's the best way to configure ores individually?

Post by orzelek »

There is no way to do what you want currently other then adding a new config activated when presence of your mod is detected.

There is a plan to add remote interface (with help of eradicator) that would allow you to add your own config in runtime.
I'm not yet sure how it would handle overrides from technical side but it should allow other mods to modify the final ore configs table. Trying to override other mod overrides... that will be a bit of a problem potentially. We'll see what can be done once basics are in place.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”