Wrong code applies richness modifier

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

morsk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Wrong code applies richness modifier

Post by morsk »

Sorry if I'm reporting this in the wrong place. Also I only know Lua, almost nothing about Factorio modding.

This probably meant to do "res_conf.type" instead of "type". The latter is a function reference, and will always compare unequal to those strings.

But my resources are still getting their richness modded somehow. And fixing this might end up applying the richness modifier twice. I don't understand that part of things.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Wrong code applies richness modifier

Post by orzelek »

Tbh I find lua to be strange... might be that I'm to used to strongly typed languages.

It should be res_conf for sure. Thanks for the find.
This means that it doesn't apply richness from map settings. And it can be hard to test since patch amounts are pretty random. I'll fix it and release new version soon. Some people might suddenly find out that new patches after the fix have more or less ore if they used richness setting.

It was actually worse then this - those values were calculated here but not used later on.. opsie.
All fixed up in new version.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

After the update the setting "oil in starting area" seems to be borked. It gets always placed, no matter if the setting is ticked or not.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Previous fix was non-trivial and it seems I missed small hack thats used for this setting.
Fixed in new version.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Nice, thanks for the quick fix.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”