RSO settings questions

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

RSO settings questions

Post by npuldon »

Does RSO affect terrain settings at all? If not to confirm, even in the starting area?

It seems as though it does since every map I preview has a large patch of terrain at the center regardless of the "starting area size" selected in the in-game terrain settings.

I was looking for more water in my maps but I seem to always have a big chunk of non-water terrain in the center point.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: RSO settings questions

Post by orzelek »

RSO doesn't touch terrain in any way.
That big land thing is a base game compensation to reduce amount of island starts.

And getting watery world requires some luck and proper settings - I tried a bit and couldn't get nice one with big water area with island/peninsula like terrain with few "continents".

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Gotcha. I guess you need to beb REALLY lucky since I've look at over 100 previews via 'testing' to see if I can get more eater near the center and haven't had any luck.

Another question, how are resource config file parameters determine? Are they set by the author of RSO or the other mod maker? Some of them seem weird, like the Py Mods resource config files. You don't need any of those resources in the starting area as you can easily get trains to explore before you need any of the Py Mod resources. Seems odd compare to Angel's mod settings that make a lot more sense.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

orzelek wrote: I tried a bit and couldn't get nice one with big water area with island/peninsula like terrain with few "continents".
Water generation is completely broken in 0.16. You either get swamp lands with high frequency water. Or if you set the size higher nothing but snaking land bridges. But no real continents. Even the few larger land masses have more lakes inside them

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”