Editing starting resources in vanilla.lua

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Editing starting resources in vanilla.lua

Post by Serenity »

How does this work? I'd like some more coal in the starting area.

Which seems obvious with this line:

Code: Select all

starting={richness=10000, size=20, probability=1},
But if I double richness it doesn't really double the resources. Even making it 10 times larger doesn't change that much. There is still a lot of randomness involved

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Editing starting resources in vanilla.lua

Post by orzelek »

I'm not sure why would you go to resource config - there is a setting specifically for this.

And multiplying it by 10 should have an effect - it might result in more patches spawned or at least one patch thats very rich. There might be some bug there - starting area has special handling in few places.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

There is a setting to make *all* starting resources larger or richer. I was looking in into just one.

And it seems to make them larger sometimes, but not always and not really by how much I'd expect. And there is a huge variation in coal sometimes. In some maps it's only 700k. In others 1.4 million (with starting multiplier set to 1.5)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It might be a bit of a by design problem. There is a limit built in on how rich resources can be in starting area per tile.
But when you multiply the starting richness you should see more patches of this resource at start.
Also do you have latest version? Coal in current version has 6k starting richness by default.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Yeah, the starting multiplier works.

It's not that there is a general coal issue. What I want is a death world game. So I wanted some more starting coal so I can turtle without having to fear running out of power. I can also increase the general coal frequency a notch, which makes it likely to have more coal fields close by

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”