Any way to retrieve RSO settings from existing map?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Any way to retrieve RSO settings from existing map?

Post by zytukin »

Started my map when 0.15 came out. Had auto generated to 7.5k from spawn with spawning practically turned off, then changed the settings and generated to 10k from spawn for a 20k x 20k map with most ore being over 7k tiles from spawn and large but very sparsely located ore patches (ie, only 4 copper patches between 7000 and 10000 tiles from spawn in the entire 20k x 20k map). It's great, really makes realistically long trains worthwhile. Well, after 500+ hours those patches are starting to dry up and my factory has grown immensely. The patches can't keep up with the 3+ RPM and +3k science per min the factory is capable of.

I need more ore, but there lies the problem. When 0.16 came out, I wanted to play it right away so I disabled RSO since it wasn't up to date yet. No big deal as long as I don't generate any more map, and that hunch was correct. Updated and reactivated RSO when it got updated for 0.16. Unfortunately the settings got reset to defaults so I can't simply generate more map without being inundated by ore.

Is there any way to see the settings RSO was using when generating the existing map?
Or do I have to resort to trial and error in a new map to figure out the settings I was using?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Any way to retrieve RSO settings from existing map?

Post by orzelek »

If you removed RSO and readded it then all the settings were lost I think.
So sadly only way to recover them would be to have some old save file or you will need to redo them again.
Game also stores all the settings in json file - but you would also need to have an old copy of it somewhere.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”