Changing Ore Settings Mid-Game

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

otobot1
Inserter
Inserter

Changing Ore Settings Mid-Game

Post by otobot1 »

I decided to try my hand at building a 1000 SPM megabase for the first time, potentially expanding up to 2000 SPM if I get around to it. So I decided to use RSO along with Angel's Infinite Ores, plus some other mods, to make my life easier. Unfortunately, as I was unfamiliar with RSO settings, and hadn't really planned out the megabase a whole lot, my ore patches are WAY too small to support the 3-10-3 ore trains I am planning to use. I generated the map with the default patch size I think. I tried increasing the size to 3 in the in-game mod settings menu, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Is there any way to apply the new, larger patch size to my existing game? I have attached my mod-list and mod-settings files. All mods in use in my RSO megabase are marked as "enabled" in the mod-list.
Attachments
mod-settings.json
(8.1 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
mod-list.json
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Changing Ore Settings Mid-Game

Post by orzelek »

Your changes will be only applied to newly generated ore patches.
I'm not 100% sure how far Factorio generates chunks ahead but you might need to travel quite far out from areas you already explored. It might be good few hundred tiles before you will reach areas where new generation settings are used.

otobot1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otobot1 »

Is there a command or something to force the game to regenerate existing chunks according to the new rules?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

otobot1 wrote:Is there a command or something to force the game to regenerate existing chunks according to the new rules?
You can use /rso-regenerate but it will regen whole map and it will also add biters back in all spawn points. General resource layout should not change map if you only modified size parameter but some resources might get relocated anyway.

otobot1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otobot1 »

Thanks for the help. Great mod btw.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”