Setting/value for no biter/ore size increase over distance

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

ElectroBot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Setting/value for no biter/ore size increase over distance

Post by ElectroBot »

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a map for a multiplayer server and would like to have the option to NOT have biters/ores increase in size/richness over distance so that we could have starting areas quite far apart and have multiple teams be separated without one having a benefit/drawback by being further out?

Is this possible? Could it be added?

Also is there a mod available that enables a specific starting area when joining the server (it would be nice if it were put players X/Y) blocks apart?

Thanks

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Setting/value for no biter/ore size increase over distance

Post by orzelek »

I'm not that much into multiplayer so I don't know about mods that would automatically position players etc.
RSO supports multiple spawn locations but from what I see distance for resources is still counted from 0,0. I could try to fix that one.

To make resources not increase over distance you would need to set all the distance exponents to 0. I wouldn't recommend this - it will drastically reduce amount of ore on map.
I checked and minimum that mod allows for richness is now 0.1. I'll drop it to 0 for next release.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”