More distance between enemy bases

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

More distance between enemy bases

Post by wvlad »

I suggest to reduce enemy bases per region (max_per_region) and make the spawn chance bigger instead. This way they will not spawn too close to each other and it will be possible to lay down a rail between them without combat.

Also the default region size is too small. I simply have no place for "waiting trains" zone as it would take a half of the path between the stations.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: More distance between enemy bases

Post by orzelek »

I think you are first one to complain that bases are to dense - it's the other way usually.
Depending on rolls you can get one roll from region then additional roll per resource patch.

I don't think changing whole distribution is reasonable for one report. Increase region sizes or decrease base frequency/size to have more space. Since richness for enemy bases is unused I could try to apply it to amount of base spawns per region - it would be a bit tricky to explain tho.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: More distance between enemy bases

Post by wvlad »

It's because another mod (AAI?) doesn't allow me to construct anything near enemy bases so I can't lay rails until I kill all their buildings nearby. Though I think it's a good restriction and I don't want to remove it from the mod. For now I just changed the max_per_region in prototype files to 1-2.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”