How to prevent the ore from overlapping?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

marcoevich
Inserter
Inserter

How to prevent the ore from overlapping?

Post by marcoevich »

First time user of RSO mod here. I have just installed it in my game which is running for 127 hours now.

I am now revealing map with RSO mod installed and default settings. Map preset is train world with normal density, high amount of ore.

How does RSO alter the map? Does it happen only on game start or can it alter a running game map? I am now revealing new sections of the map, but this doesn't look very promising (see screenshot below). Can I use RSO to create new large, high amount ore patches (30M or more) on a running game map? I had hoped to find them in unexplored sections of the map after installing, but it seems it doesn't work that way :(

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to prevent the ore from overlapping?

Post by orzelek »

I'm not sure how adding RSO to a running game will work.
Since it wasn't present from start it will sthink that any new chunk gen should check for ore since it has no history stored. So it might actually add an ore patch near existing ones created by vanilla gen. Also there is some part of map that might be normally generated even if you had it still covered by fog of war I think.
How far did you travel from your previous borders?

marcoevich
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to prevent the ore from overlapping?

Post by marcoevich »

Well apparently I had traveled not far enough from my previous borders. I have executed a console command to reveal the map around me, and it has revelead new patches of ore which are larger and contain up to 64M of ore.

I will have to make long train routes, but at least I have the large patches. Seems like it does work on existing maps :) Thanks orzelek!

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”