Is there enough oil for megabases?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Is there enough oil for megabases?

Post by Tyrindor »

RSO seems to spawn a lot less oil spots than vanilla 0.15's rail world setting. Like 10 times less. Setting oil to very high richness, most patches are 2-3 oil spots with a total richness of about 1500% in my testing versus rail world I'd sometimes see 15,000% oil spots with ~20 oil spots.

Is that really enough for megabases? I feel like you'll have to constantly keep expanding for oil.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is there enough oil for megabases?

Post by Shokubai »

I have found that distance fixes all shortages in RSO. It becomes very easy to setup remote pumps and load fluid cars to keep up with production. This get's trivial as the game progresses and beacons can be added to pumpjacks.

Honestly if you can secure 20-30 pumpjacks you would be hard pressed to have issues with throughput.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Tyrindor wrote:RSO seems to spawn a lot less oil spots than vanilla 0.15's rail world setting. Like 10 times less. Setting oil to very high richness, most patches are 2-3 oil spots with a total richness of about 1500% in my testing versus rail world I'd sometimes see 15,000% oil spots with ~20 oil spots.

Is that really enough for megabases? I feel like you'll have to constantly keep expanding for oil.
Infinite productivity can make a few oil pumps pretty effective.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Technically in theory also minimum %-ages should increase on oil wells as you go away from center.
I'm not 100% sure how it is supposed to work so it's possible I didn't add something when spawning entity. Or I misunderstood the whole thing in release notes ;)

Oil is supposed to be rare with RSO. Vanilla spawns so much oil that you don't really need to search for it.
When playing game with bob's mods now I found out that rng did not place any oil for me really. On the other hand it seems that it's not that needed there so I'm still working on two starting ones.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

orzelek wrote:Technically in theory also minimum %-ages should increase on oil wells as you go away from center.
I'm not 100% sure how it is supposed to work so it's possible I didn't add something when spawning entity. Or I misunderstood the whole thing in release notes ;)

Oil is supposed to be rare with RSO. Vanilla spawns so much oil that you don't really need to search for it.
When playing game with bob's mods now I found out that rng did not place any oil for me really. On the other hand it seems that it's not that needed there so I'm still working on two starting ones.
Oil minimum is:
2 oil/sec
OR
20% of initial value
depending on what is higher. So for fields under 100% yield it's 2 oil/sec and for over 100% yield it's 20% of the starting yield.
Rseding91 wrote:Oil patch minimum yield already does scale with distance.

It's either 20% of the initial yield or 2/s which ever is larger.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I must have missed that one, thanks.

I wonder how it works for other fluids. I didn't see anything in prototypes that would contain those values.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”