Bob's Nickel Ore

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bob's Nickel Ore

Post by Recon777 »

This is the same map as before where I had the terrible luck with lithia water. This time, I just noticed that I have had absolutely NO nickel anywhere. I checked the labels too. Nothing.

Incidentally, Nickel ought to be in the start area for Bob's. Is there some reason it hasn't spawned on my map?
I double checked, and it is selected in my map settings.

[edit]
I also tested this on a couple new maps. No nickel. Only when I switched the frequency to "very high" did I start getting nickel on a new map. And not much of it.

Code: Select all

>>>AAAPAA0AAwADAxQAAAALAAAAYmF1eGl0ZS1vcmUDAwMEAAAAY29h
bAMDAwoAAABjb3BwZXItb3JlAwMDCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAMDAwoAAAB
lbmVteS1iYXNlBQQDBwAAAGdlbS1vcmUDAwMIAAAAZ29sZC1vcmUDAw
MMAAAAZ3JvdW5kLXdhdGVyAwMDCAAAAGlyb24tb3JlAwMDCAAAAGxlY
WQtb3JlAwMDCgAAAG5pY2tlbC1vcmUDAwMGAAAAcXVhcnR6AwMDCgAA
AHJ1dGlsZS1vcmUDAwMKAAAAc2lsdmVyLW9yZQMDAwUAAABzdG9uZQM
DAwYAAABzdWxmdXIDAwMHAAAAdGluLW9yZQMDAwwAAAB0dW5nc3Rlbi
1vcmUDAwMLAAAAdXJhbml1bS1vcmUDAwMIAAAAemluYy1vcmUDAwNH4
m94gIQeAICEHgADAAEBAXsUrkfhepQ/AQAAAAAAAC5AAQAAAAAAAPA/
AQAAAAAAWLtAAQAAAAAA4IVAAQAAAAAAWKtAAQAAAAAAiMNAAQAAAAA
AQJ9AAQAAAAAAQH9AAQAAAAAAQI9AATMzMzMzM/M/ATMzMzMzM/M/AX
sUrkfhenQ/AQABAAAAAAAACEABAAAAAAAACEABexSuR+F6hD8BAAEBA
fFo44i1+PQ+Afyp8dJNYmA/AfFo44i1+PQ+AQABBwAAAAECAAAAAQIA
AAABmpmZmZmZuT8BAAAAAAAAAEABAAAAAAAA4D8BmpmZmZmZ2T8Bzcz
MzMzM7D8BBQAAAAEUAAAAAUA4AAABwEsDAAEQDgAAAaCMAAABIBwAAA
EAAAAAAAA0QAEAAAAAAAAUQAGamZmZmZnxPwEAAAAAAADwPwHNzMzMz
MzsPwEAAAAAAAAIQAEAAAAAAAAUQAE8AAAAAR4AAAAByAAAAAEFAAAA
AQAAAAAAAABAAQEBAAAAAAAAWUABBQAAAAEZAAAAAQAAAAAAACRAATI
AAAABAAAAAAAAPkABZAAAAAGamZmZmZnJPwEzMzMzMzPDPwEzMzMzMz
PTPwEzMzMzMzPTPwEAAAAAAAAkQAEAAAAAAAA0QAEAAAAAAAA+QAEAA
AAAAAAUQAEAAAAAAAA+QAEAAAAAAAAkQAEAAAAAAAAIQAEKAAAAAWQA
AAABZAAAAAHoAwAAAQAAAAAAAOA/AdAHAAABAAAAAABAf0ADAAAAAAA
AAAAAAADwPzBvwZg=<<<

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob's Nickel Ore

Post by orzelek »

Please try with 3.3.0.
The issue with random generator creation might have caused odd effects since it would mirror map a bit - regions with coords like 2, -7 and -7, 2 would get same random number generator. This effecttively reduced ore variation by half potentially.

With 3.3.0 I get nickel pretty close to starting location. Lithia water still needs quite a bit of travelling.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Yoy aren't running CHMMod. right? That removes nickel and makes it drop from galena instead.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Okay, I tried 3.3.0 and had better results.

Here's my first crack at a new map.
My old map ended up spawning Nickel quite far away, unfortunately. Which sucks because Invar requires Nickel, and it's a fairly early alloy, required in a lot of early-mid-game tech.

In the case of the new map (below), looks like there's a decent sized (1 million) Nickel patch a short distance to the northwest.
Lithia water ended up appearing due east not a terrible distance as well.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Basically your original seed seems... pretty unlucky.
And RSO uses map seed for creation of all region random generators so it affects everything.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

I tried RSO with Bob's mod first time in 0.15 and I noticed there is no lead ore in starting area. It only spawned miles away and i have no real means of transporting it to my base since i need lead for 2nd tier of circuit board. Should it behave like that?

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

oLaudix wrote:I tried RSO with Bob's mod first time in 0.15 and I noticed there is no lead ore in starting area. It only spawned miles away and i have no real means of transporting it to my base since i need lead for 2nd tier of circuit board. Should it behave like that?
Really? I've started dozens of maps up, and I get galena in the starting area every time.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Recon777 wrote:Really? I've started dozens of maps up, and I get galena in the starting area every time.
Ore enable override option was ticked so I assumed it works as if i ticked all ores in the section above. Apparently its not true and i had to tick the galena on or it would only spawn outside of starter area.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

oLaudix wrote:
Recon777 wrote:Really? I've started dozens of maps up, and I get galena in the starting area every time.
Ore enable override option was ticked so I assumed it works as if i ticked all ores in the section above. Apparently its not true and i had to tick the galena on or it would only spawn outside of starter area.
Please post me save/mods or just map string on RSO forum. Galena is set up to be in starting area and it should spawn there. I did not tick ores in bobsores config only basing on what other bobs mods enable - it shouldn't matter for RSO.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Unfortunately I already overwritten the save. I must had bad luck since every new game i start now hase galena even when i set the options like they were before. Either that or i just missed it, the patch is very small and its hard to see on the map. Or it got swallowed by water maybe? I dont know if its possible but i sometimes get wierd water patches in the middle of the ore.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Starting area spawning is prepared to handle water but still has limited amount of attempts - there is a risk that it won't manage to place the patch if there is really a lot of water. Thats why I was interested in save - to see if that code didn't manage to work properly or it's bugged for some rare case. I noticed also that galena is pretty dark so it's visibility on map can be poor and if it's in forest you might not notice it.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”