[MOD 0.10.2] Resource Spawner Overhaul - v1.0.2

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.2] Resource Spawner Overhaul - v1.0.2

Post by wahming »

Hi,

I'm getting errors when I generate a new map, pairing RSO 1.0.14 with DyTech.

Resource not available: Bauxite-ore
Resource not available: Rutile-ore
Resource not available: Quartz

Also, it seems that many DyTech ores are not spawning at all. Or at least I didn't see several of them in 5 mins of running around. Are the 2 mods not compatible? I notice DyTech is loaded as a dependency by RSO. Any advice?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

wahming wrote:Hi,

I'm getting errors when I generate a new map, pairing RSO 1.0.14 with DyTech.

Resource not available: Bauxite-ore
Resource not available: Rutile-ore
Resource not available: Quartz

Also, it seems that many DyTech ores are not spawning at all. Or at least I didn't see several of them in 5 mins of running around. Are the 2 mods not compatible? I notice DyTech is loaded as a dependency by RSO. Any advice?
Also I see in the code that detection of bob's ores is activating also on DyTech. I fixed that in version below (I hope - can't test it properly right now).

Please try with version attached to this post and post log if ore's are not appearing on map then. I'll need to try and reproduce your mod config and see whats going on.
Attachments
rso-mod_1.0.15.zip
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

Wow, my compliments. That was fast work!

I'm not getting any more errors with the new version of RSO. However, I think it has some balancing issues with DyTech. After running in one direction for 10 minutes, I saw mostly iron, coal and copper. Only about 5 DyTech ores showed up, and all in extremely low densities/patch sizes (much lower than iron/copper). I'm not sure if the remaining ore types did not spawn, or I could not find them due to excessive rarity. Tweaking the map settings at game start might help, but default settings make RSO and DyTech combined somewhat unplayable.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm personally playing with shadows pack (endless ores is in it also) so I don't know how balance looks for DyTech.
Currently chance for any of specific ore's is about 1/3rd of what it is for base ones. I did it like that since it was actually difficult to find copper or iron sometimes when chances were higher.
I'd recommend generating few worlds and moving around in god mode - use this command in console:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.character=god
Take a look if it was just bad rng or it's hard to find playable configuration actually. Also remember that RSO means you might need to search quite far for ores by design. You can find variable region_size in config file - reducing it a bit will make ore's spawning more dense.

I don't recall DyTech requiring a lot of those special ores to play but I'm also using bob's mods so they mix with each other.
Tweaking both generation chances and size/richness of found deposits can be done in config files - I can do it if it seems unplayable.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Morning,

I was about to start a new game, using RSO: 1.015, since I’m tired of vanilla’s erratic resource placement.
I’m playing with DyTech & Bob’s mods and fount two anomalies.

Enemy Bases:
I normally play with scares resources and high enemy bases, but with RSO I’m not getting a lot of enemies at all.
Enemy Settings:

Here are some screen shots:
No RSO
DyTech Only
Bob Only
DyTech+Bob
With RSO:
RSO+DyTech
RSO+Bob
RSO+DyTech+Bob

As you can see, RSO is totally limiting the enemy spawns…
I know there are a lot of settings in RSO that manages spawns, but not sure how to tweak these..

Second anomaly: Lava

DyTech Lava is not generated correctly. For some reason DyTech has two lava types, a quantity based and a yield lava pools:

With RSO I don’t see any quantity based pools and the yield pools are all at 1%:

I’m hoping these could be corrected so I can use RSO in my new game.
Thanks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

One important thing - RSO doesn't use any resource/enemy map settings.
I have no idea if we can read those from game setup in the mod.

I could add setting to config.lua that would increase amount of enemies - there are few ways - can make bases more frequent or bigger (or two settings maybe?). Let me know if that would work for you. It might make game quite difficult since you need to travel a lot in RSO and area might be heavily infested then :D

As for the lava... I admit I haven't used it at all so might have missed some issues there.
I can try to look into it but not sure when - Witcher 3 is coming out tomorrow ;)

~Poke~
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ~Poke~ »

Hi orzelek, thanks for your work on this mod! Perhaps you should start another thread, since this mod is amazing but it's hard to find the downloads in the middles of latest pages.

I don't have any issues, just wanted to share the world I've been using for the last few hours, with this and the Dynamic Expansion mod (makes biters spread more based on evolution - so i changed RSO's config to allow expansion too).
spoiler
I'm considering the better radars mod too, since you need to cover so much land in this. Hmmm.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I will start new thread - lets hope original author won't mind.

New thread here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 14&t=12412

Please use it for bug reports/feedback.

@TheSAGuy - please take a look at new version should be more useful and lava is fixed.

ltl king
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ltl king »

Doesn't work.
http://prntscr.com/acyfnl

Where do you find the most up to date version.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

You could try the release thread in the RSO forum - viewtopic.php?f=79&t=13783

The current RSO discussion thread would not be a bad place either - viewtopic.php?f=79&t=13524&start=320

This thread is in the Archive, so Im guessing most folks wont even see it.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

From my experience with Factorio generation, you probably have your "terrain segmentation" on low or very low; try raising it up higher. Or if you have it up high, lower it.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Bug-C
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bug? control.lua:576:attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value

Post by Bug-C »

-- sorry I found the bug report thread and posted the message there: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12707&p=149971#p149971

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”