Any chance a workaround with PvP Scenario?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Any chance a workaround with PvP Scenario?

Post by Kane »

I like to use the PvP Scenario as a co-op Map using RSO / Bobs. It seems to spawn just fine but of course our starting areas don't spawn right it seems sadly. Not sure if there is a possible future of having this work / detection since it's a vanilla scenario and use for multiple people.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Any chance a workaround with PvP Scenario?

Post by orzelek »

I have no idea what you tried to describe. I'm not really sure what PvP Scenario is - I don't do multiplayer.
I really need more info on what you are doing and how.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

With bobs/rso installed:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I checked it out and I'm not sure.
To spawn starting area I need to know where it is.
This scenario spawns separate surface and I'm not sure how to solve spawning a starting area in this case. There is nothing currently I know of I could use to know where to put said area.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

orzelek wrote:I checked it out and I'm not sure.
To spawn starting area I need to know where it is.
This scenario spawns separate surface and I'm not sure how to solve spawning a starting area in this case. There is nothing currently I know of I could use to know where to put said area.
It does spawn a surface I think at 0,0 always. Then copies it. But I think the issue is the way it starts up / can be rerolled with diff seeds, etc the RSO one does not start up right. (100% missing)

But what it normally does is the following:

1 Load pvp world
2 generates spawn
3 when you confirm/run the settings from within the loaded world and join a team it then copies/pastes the center to other locations.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

My thread on help got some potential solution so I might try to implement it at some point.
I can't promise the timeline - it might need some small refactoring on start locations again.

And I think it will still need manual intervention in a way - since after you add more then one start location you should regenerate all ores to make sure they are generated with all starting locations taken into account.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”