Best way to increase density of ore on existing save

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

HiddenWolf
Inserter
Inserter

Best way to increase density of ore on existing save

Post by HiddenWolf »

Hi all,

I've put several hunderd hours into a save that wasn't intended to run as long, but it is slowly turning into a megabase.
With the upgrade to .15, I'd like to find a way to increase either the richness of ore deposits or their frequency a bit, as building outposts takes up more and more of my playtime.

I know there is a way to regenerate ores, but I don't know if that'll put the patches in the exact same places, or if it will glitch out and make me rebuild all my outposts and rails.
I'd also like to prevent new patches from appearing under my existing base, but would rather just increase the 'yield' of new chunks.

Is there a good way to do that? Can I adjust a scaling factor in settings somewhere, maybe?

HW

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Best way to increase density of ore on existing save

Post by orzelek »

Currently only way would be to edit config file and increase global richness factor there.

I did not work on integrating mod settings yet - I will get around to those sometime soon-ish. So config editing is only way for now.

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

Interesting question. I also have a map I'm continuing from a friend's save however he has set the stone deposits to be very small. I have been wandering how could I edit that preset. On a different note, i've also uninstalled RSO and it would be nice to regenerate resources.
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Regeneration of resources works as before using the regenerate command:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("RSO","regenerate")
They might end up in different locations since a lot has changed recently.

Since size of stone is stored in map settings I'm not sure if it can be edited in running game.

Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trepidati0n »

You would have to regenerate. Once ore is "on the map", it is on "on the map".

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

Trepidati0n wrote:You would have to regenerate. Once ore is "on the map", it is on "on the map".
I thought so and it seemed that way. However with 0.15, the uranium ore was generated on older maps, appearing everywhere, even on already developed tiles.
This leads me to believe there might be ways of re-generating ore on already discovered tiles...
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

FlyHigh wrote:
Trepidati0n wrote:You would have to regenerate. Once ore is "on the map", it is on "on the map".
I thought so and it seemed that way. However with 0.15, the uranium ore was generated on older maps, appearing everywhere, even on already developed tiles.
This leads me to believe there might be ways of re-generating ore on already discovered tiles...
Vanilla has it's own way and RSO has one also. But since ore was added and due to some design changes you won't get it exactly the same after regeneration with RSO now.

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

orzelek wrote:
FlyHigh wrote:
Vanilla has it's own way and RSO has one also. But since ore was added and due to some design changes you won't get it exactly the same after regeneration with RSO now.
What i've said was that i've disabled RSO. I'm back to vanilla densities.

btw, for vanilla, could the command be something like

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("base","regenerate")
and with that, is there a way it could be ore-specific?
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”