[0.15.*] Feedback topic

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.*] Feedback topic

Post by orzelek »

Just to make it clear - frequency won't do that - richness will.

I can make minimum of 0.001 without problems - I won't release separate version for only this I think :)

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

oh that's what I meant but didn't write :)
Sure that's fine for me!

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

After the update i can't find any ores at all. I generated chunks via

Code: Select all

/c local radius = 150; game.player.force.chart(game.player.surface, {{game.player.position.x - radius, game.player.position.y - radius}, {game.player.position.x + radius, game.player.position.y + radius}})
and couldn't find any Bob/Angel Ore in a 2000 Chunk radius. Even a rollback to older versions didn't help.

Fun Fact. Few weeks ago as i started this map, i also generated the chunks to see the general destribution of the ores and it was fine for the settings.

Did the new
"v 3.2.4
- added distance exponents to settings"
fuck this up?

I'm also running NanoBots mod.

Fun Fact #2

/c remote.call("RSO","regenerate")
Will give me Angel Inf Ores - even disabled in the starter settings.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Considering that it works for me and you are the first to report this I'm thinking you have some specific configuration of mods that broke something. Especially that regenerate uses same code as normal generation and it's repeatable so it shouldn't give different results.

Can you zip up all your mods and post them so I can take a look?
I will also need your mod-settings.json file most likely if you edited mod settings.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Here are the mods (+json) and the savegame.
Attachments
mod-settings.json
(10.04 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
mods.rar
(87.58 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
AngelBob 0.15.zip
(19.7 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Did you per chance use different region size then default?
At some point due to issue with settings they were reset to defaults. That would reset the region size.

It seems that RSO is pretty sure that all this area has been already generated. I started seeing new resources after going about 5-6k tiles from starting area.
I tried to use regenerte and it worked properly for me - regenerated all the resources and biters.. which was a bit catastrophic.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Thanks for the loopkup.

Different region size? Don't really know what you mean by that; and that for don't know how to manipulate it.

When i use regenerate (with newst version) pretty much all Ore fields are either gone or switched places (Coal becomes Jino etc).
Running 5-6k tiles to the next patch is no option for me - i don't want 200mb Savegames.

Anything i can do in the config?
Otherwise i had enough trouble with this mod in the past duo compatibilty issues up and down and i'll kick it out.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Regen won't be identical - thats a side effect of recent bugfixes over last few versions. I'm usually increasing minor version number when something like that can happen - it can go better if you try to regen with 3.2.6 or version on which you played most.

I'm still investigating since it might be a bug with region storage in RSO. It seems that on your map there are quite a few resources that did not generate and are still stored in region storage while those areas were generated already for sure. Those parts of code I never touched before and assumed they are working correctly.

Edit: I found a bug in region generation that would cause some ores to not spawn properly. I'll try to prep some code that will respawn them retroactively and make a release.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

I've rolled back to 3.2.3 and disabled all angel infinity flags to false.
Regened and 99% worked (Bobmanium and Rubyte got mixed up) - just 2 bases needs to be swapped which is ok.

I also set

"rso-biter-generation": {
      "value": false
From true to false and regened then - biters still appeared. Any other flags i have to set?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Did you set it up before the regen and enemies still spawned?
It's possible that it's bugged or it was bugged in 3.2.3.

Also it's good that regen works mostly because bug fix I did doesn't help with your save.
RSO's data shows that huge part of map has been already generated. I have no idea how that would happen - it seems you were not in that area and yet it's marked as already generated while ores are not present on the map.
I'll take a look at 3.2.3 and see why biters are still spawning on regen.
Ok regenerate works but remember one thing - this setting is stored in save so you need to change it's value after loading the save before doing the regen.

Also.. I can't guarantee that whatever happened before won't repeat itself. It migth mean that one of mods you have is not compatibile with RSO in a strange way and I'm not aware of that. I think that that mod might be Factorissimo2 - it operates on many surfaces in different areas potentially. And since RSO is not surface-aware (it assumes all stuff is on one surface) generation of factory interiors might get tricky. From what I can see it's using areas near center so it should not interfere with RSO in any way unless it worked in different way before.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Yep, changed the .json, loaded, saved, regened - Biters are not really a problem the console couldn't solve :)

I'll report if anything goes wrong with new generated chunks but for now it seems fine.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'd recommend switching to new 3.3.1 now for further playing to get the generation fixes.
And maybe keep the 3.2.3 somewhere just in case this issue reoccurs.
I asked factorissimo dev to add support for RSO to ignore surfaces of factories just in case.

Agglethorpe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Agglethorpe »

I wonder if I'm seeing something similar. I migrated a save from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1 and all the ores outside my starting area had moved, and there were new spawners inside my base. I didn't do anything special except update mods through the game's interface and load the save. Is this a known issue? Let me know if I can provide anything to help!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I just updated and I swear new ores have spawned on my map and biter nests have spawned inside my boundries that I've already cleared out.
I updated to 3.3.1. My whole base just got wipped because I thought I was safe... :oops:

Agglethorpe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Agglethorpe »

TheSAguy wrote:I just updated and I swear new ores have spawned on my map and biter nests have spawned inside my boundries that I've already cleared out.
I updated to 3.3.1. My whole base just got wipped because I thought I was safe... :oops:
Same, I reverted to an earlier save and 3.3.0 for now. Something caused RSO to generate the whole world, not just new chunks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Opppsie ;)
My not use console cheat got left in - will fix now.

Edit:
Fixed now and previous version removed.
Sorry all for surprise regen :)

Agglethorpe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Agglethorpe »

Thanks! I love how fast stuff happens in this community.

Edit: confirmed fixed in 3.3.2

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Hey, is there any news on how the crude oil minimum works? The patch 0.15.0 said:
Infinite resource minimal yield is calculated using the initial resource amount and the prototype minimum yield.
So does that mean if minimal yield is 20% it isn't actually 20%? Instead it's something like 20% of initial yield? E.g. a 400% yield oil well would go to 80% at worst?

I got no idea myself, that's why I'm asking.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Syrchalis wrote:Hey, is there any news on how the crude oil minimum works? The patch 0.15.0 said:
Infinite resource minimal yield is calculated using the initial resource amount and the prototype minimum yield.
So does that mean if minimal yield is 20% it isn't actually 20%? Instead it's something like 20% of initial yield? E.g. a 400% yield oil well would go to 80% at worst?

I got no idea myself, that's why I'm asking.
Tbh I have no idea too.
I tried to ask on modding forums but I don't think I got answer about how it actually works.
I didn't do that much playtesting to check how initial richness compares to minimal if at all.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

orzelek wrote: Tbh I have no idea too.
I tried to ask on modding forums but I don't think I got answer about how it actually works.
I didn't do that much playtesting to check how initial richness compares to minimal if at all.
Rseding91 wrote:Oil patch minimum yield already does scale with distance.

It's either 20% of the initial yield or 2/s which ever is larger.
There you have it.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”