Mod doesn't seem to work

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

gexxo
Inserter
Inserter

Mod doesn't seem to work

Post by gexxo »

Hi together,

I am quite new to the game, so probably it is my fault, but the mod doesn't seem to work for me. I installed it through the game GUI. Whenever I enable it in the game and start a game or open the map editor, there are no resources patches at all (except the four starting ones). What am I doing wrong here? (I have the same problem with Angel's Infinite Ores, where only normal but no infinite ores appear, it seems that I cannot get any ore mod to work :( ).

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod doesn't seem to work

Post by orzelek »

Please make sure you are actually opening it in game.
This mod doesn't work in map editor.

You can check if it's running by using this command - you need to be in game:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("RSO", "runTest")
It will explore big map area and increase the game speed so that generation happens faster.

johnnynonumber
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by johnnynonumber »

I have a similar problem where I'm expecting the mod to disable biter spawn where the mod doesn't appear to be running. When I run the remote.call command, I get the following
2017-03-02 19_39_36-Factorio 0.14.22.png
2017-03-02 19_39_36-Factorio 0.14.22.png (744.42 KiB) Viewed 2535 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

johnnynonumber wrote:I have a similar problem where I'm expecting the mod to disable biter spawn where the mod doesn't appear to be running. When I run the remote.call command, I get the following
Thats actually my bug - but presence of this method would show that mod is loaded and working.

johnnynonumber
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by johnnynonumber »

orzelek wrote:
johnnynonumber wrote:I have a similar problem where I'm expecting the mod to disable biter spawn where the mod doesn't appear to be running. When I run the remote.call command, I get the following
Thats actually my bug - but presence of this method would show that mod is loaded and working.
OK cool I'll have a play around.

johnnynonumber
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by johnnynonumber »

My mistake was trying to edit config.lua while the mod was still zipped. The file appears to edit/save correctly (toggling read only as well) but it doesn't truly save. Unzipping the mod folder, making the edits and rezipping it works.

Great mod, thanks!

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”