Resource mods

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Resource mods

Post by aober93 »

Im looking for a mod where i can find rich ore fields in late game. So with the current game, im having a train go huge lengths, not to meantion the building time of the outpost and building defenses etcetc. But then the ore patch is gone in no time because they are so little. And the miners work really fast because i got a high end factory. Im essentially just busy building outposts. And im not into angels mod that just make ore infinite. I prefer the feature that you need lots of train to find ore. I wished for some feature like in other games, where you venture and occasionally find a real treasure, but only after you ventured long enough. I dont mind more variantion either.

I hear RSO will make you need train, well in the current game i already need train, so i dont know how to is meant.

And will RSO work with biters set to highest? Because I hear that RSO has heavy balance issues and nearly removes biters regardless of settings, and makes ore patches more variant ,but less the further you go. But the problem with mods is that you hear so much different opinions but nothing definitive, i hear there are settings...
Anyone?
How can i mod the game to suit my needs?

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Resource mods

Post by Kryzeth »

RSO is more for when you first start playing the game. In default vanilla, there are mountains of ore all over the place, with multiple copper and/or iron deposits in the starting area. At least, that's all I got in the latest 14.21 game I played. The playthrough I started in 0.13 had less.. "clumping" of ores, I think. RSO is consistent; there is always one deposit of iron, copper, stone, and coal in your starting area (plus 3 spots of oil), and the rest is scattered outside the starting area. Biter spawning is extremely lowered because you have to go farther to find more resources. Having to fight through vanilla-spawning hordes of biters just to get to more resources may lead to an unwinnable situation, hence the decrease in enemy bases. Maybe a bit too far imo, but then again, the latest 14.21 playthrough I had, got to near endgame with VERY few attacks, and starting area was only set one size larger than default. So maybe it's not so different. Either way, I don't think any of this would affect an already existing game, though I think with RSO, the richness of ore patches increases the further away from the starting area you go. Though this might only affect unexplored areas, not the already existing ores.

Anyways, angels infinite ores doesn't mean you don't have to go out to get more ores. Iirc, it just makes the center of a deposit into infinite ore, meaning you'd probably get one or two miners worth of ore being infinite, and just like oil, it would eventually deplete to an unusable rate, meaning you still have to get more. It just makes the outposts you build not completely useless once you "finish" mining the ores. It's probably exactly what you would have wanted, except again I don't think it will retroactively work on areas of the map you've already explored. I'm not sure how you would fix your game now; it's usually better and safer to start a new game, instead of enabling mods on an old game.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”