RSO Configs thread

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

RSO Configs thread

Post by Arch666Angel »

I open this thread to basically provide some prewritten and tested configs, so that one can see what is possible just by tweaking the config a bit.
Attachments
config.lua
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
Last edited by daniel34 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed spoiler/image tag

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: RSO Configs thread

Post by orzelek »

I've been thinking about good way to allow different configs to be used similar to bobconfig mod. Haven't found one that would be nice and easy to use yet.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Yeah since you have the problem with the information gap between the data and the control stage it wont be an easy solution. Only way I can think of at the moment is to have dummy entities which you can define from config in data stage and then read from in control stage.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Hell World Example 1
Attachments
hell-world-config .lua
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Train World Example 1 aka RSO 1.0.3 style
Attachments
train-world-config.lua
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 468 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

For RSO 1.0.3 style you'd need to go with resource chance at 0.3. Thats what is in the version thats going around.
Distance resource factor is already quite generous and increasing it might be pushing it. It's used as an exponent so it's change is quite visible.

I've been thinking about having small mods that could override the normal config settings for RSO - I think it can be done quite easily with exception of few settings that are needed on data stage.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

Arch666Angel wrote:I open this thread to basically provide some prewritten and tested configs, so that one can see what is possible just by tweaking the config a bit.
I downloaded and looked at your config file, and at the bottom you have "infiniteResourceInStartArea = true". This confuses me, because this is set to false in the original mod. Does this mean your starting area resources never run out? If so, what's the point of using the mod?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

These are just config files, which are can replace the original config in RSO if you don't want to fiddle around with it. The "infiniteResourceInStartArea" is a trigger for my ore mod, if you don't have it installed, it wont affect the game in any way.

oxymoron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by oxymoron »

Yo guys, first time posting here.

Would like some help on how i go around using the RSO 1.5.1 spawn size for materials/ores
But with the values of the infinite overhaul.
Even better would be if you could tell me what values to change, so that it's not quite infinite but atleast a lot higher.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

oxymoron wrote:Yo guys, first time posting here.

Would like some help on how i go around using the RSO 1.5.1 spawn size for materials/ores
But with the values of the infinite overhaul.
Even better would be if you could tell me what values to change, so that it's not quite infinite but atleast a lot higher.
Can you be a bit more precise?
I'm not sure what is the infinite overhaul. Do you mean the infinite resources mod or something else?

oxymoron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by oxymoron »

orzelek wrote: Can you be a bit more precise?
I'm not sure what is the infinite overhaul. Do you mean the infinite resources mod or something else?
Right, i want to to know what values to change in the Resource Spawner Overhaul - Infinite edition, to make the patcches of ores/oil bigger
Or the other way around, what values to change in the standard RSO 1.5.1 to increase the yield of oil, the amount of ore in a patch.

Basically i want to the same size ore patches as RSO 1.5.1 with increased raw material values like RSO - infinite edition.
Though the best thing for me would be to have RSO 1.5.1 and being able to change the values myself.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

oxymoron wrote:
orzelek wrote: Can you be a bit more precise?
Right, i want to to know what values to change in the Resource Spawner Overhaul - Infinite edition, to make the patcches of ores/oil bigger
Or the other way around, what values to change in the standard RSO 1.5.1 to increase the yield of oil, the amount of ore in a patch.

Basically i want to the same size ore patches as RSO 1.5.1 with increased raw material values like RSO - infinite edition.
Though the best thing for me would be to have RSO 1.5.1 and being able to change the values myself.
You can set oil richness to higher in map settings when starting a game. Increasing size will make more oil wells per generated patch.
Alternatively you can go to vanilla.lua in resourceconfigs and change richness and/or size for crude-oil there. Config change will work during game but will be applied only for newly generated oil wells.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Hey guys :D
I would like some help to make a config :)
I would like a map (with 5'dim ores) where :
Frequency is normal
Size is middle
But the richness is poor near the spawn and becomes increasingly rich away ;)
Thanks for your help
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Redstylt wrote:Hey guys :D
Frequency is normal
Size is middle
Thanks for your help
Sounds like default config - 5dim is detected with 1.5.4 properly.
Richness increases with distance by default.
This thread mainly had some custom configs - other parameters you want to change can be set up on map generation settings.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

orzelek wrote:
Redstylt wrote:Hey guys :D
Frequency is normal
Size is middle
Thanks for your help
Sounds like default config - 5dim is detected with 1.5.4 properly.
Richness increases with distance by default.
This thread mainly had some custom configs - other parameters you want to change can be set up on map generation settings.
Ok great :)
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

RaviorMetal
Inserter
Inserter

Difficulties with 0.13

Post by RaviorMetal »

Hello,

having difficulties with 0.13 using the mod. I repeadedly generate maps with the world editor and changing the config (always closing factorio in between generating worlds). And there always appear too much aliens in a certain distance but NO resources.

Does anyone have an Idea for a good train focused map generation (also with aliens to fight against, but not only fighting)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Difficulties with 0.13

Post by orzelek »

RaviorMetal wrote:Hello,

having difficulties with 0.13 using the mod. I repeadedly generate maps with the world editor and changing the config (always closing factorio in between generating worlds). And there always appear too much aliens in a certain distance but NO resources.

Does anyone have an Idea for a good train focused map generation (also with aliens to fight against, but not only fighting)
I do belive that there is something broken with enemy spawning. Might be related to do can_place_entity check being overly thruthfull. I'll investigate it more after this bug is fixed by devs.

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

Been tweaking values for the last two hours to try and get something I like, but in the end it's hard to get around the inherent randomness; of the maps I generated I got one that had tons of copper but little else (solved by installing FAIR resources mod which flips resource field types if there's an excess or deficit, but doesn't work with oil), one that had no oil, and one that had nothing but oil nearby.

With the final settings, I got something like this first try, so I'm as happy with this config as I'm likely to get.
Screenshots
I guess I really want something more predictable - in the ring of regions immediately next to spawn, no resource chance; in the next ring out, 50% chance of one of each resource, and if they fail to spawn they're guaranteed in the next ring... something like that.

Man, I hope they fix the terrain generation. It looks ugly but also makes it hard to spot resources.
Attachments
vanilla_enemies.lua
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
vanilla.lua
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
config.lua
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi
is there a way to "cluster" resources? I want a map with few "areas" where resources spawn, but if it spawns something, there should be a lot of different stuff close by ;)
something like this

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There is the multi resource spawn part that will glue one resource to another - it's still randomly generated in whole region I think.
There is no direct way to do clustering as you described above currently.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”