Interesting Formations

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Interesting Formations

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

I'm starting this post to share interesting ore formations generated with RSO.
Here is mine: apparently, an iron patch generated over a stone patch that generated over a copper patch.
Will provide RSO settings and map exchange string if required.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Interesting Formations

Post by orzelek »

Thats... really cool :D

And it needs to be a big coincidence of events to create patch with 3 ores in same location.

Map string and RSO version plus any other mods would be nice - I'd like to see how it happened.

And actual order of generation would need to be reverse - iron first, then stone and copper. Currently ore won't generate over already existing ore since that leads to 2 ores in same location.

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

Aah, I thought they overrode each other.

Here's the map exchange string:
STRING
The patch can be found at around x = -2000, y = -350; that is, way to the west and a bit to the south from spawn.
Here's a screen of the map. I've named the spot Embryo, and I'll keep it for its artistic value.
MAP IMG
As for the mods, I don't use any that should impact ore generation, except RSO version 1.2.0. However, here's the full list.
MODS
I changed the settings in the RSO config.lua file; I attached my version to this post.

As a sidenote, it would be cool if generating over an already existing patch had a 50% chance of success (overwriting the old tile) per tile.
That would presumably make interesting random checkerboard patterns, with the upside that you don't lose all of the ore that wouldn't have generated and the extra challenge that comes from having to filter the miner's output.
Attachments
config.lua
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ahh using RSO 1.2.0 explains a lot. Formation like this is might not be possible in latest version and was hard to get in some of earlier ones.
Sadly map string won't help since generation is quite different in later RSO versions and it won't produce same result.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”