Feedback

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Feedback

Post by Anomoly2012 »

orzelek wrote:Two things:
1. Do take the 1.4.3 - it's for Factorio up to 0.12.10 and will be more generous when you travel far so outposts should run longer.
2. If you feel like fun and don't want to change the save then back it up, put new RSO into it and run this command from console:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate")
This will respawn both ore and biters with new generation rules. With big base and lots of outpost might be a lot of work after to clean up first then reposition stuff.

yeah this is what i hope i did.. i have only the RSO 1.0.3 and ran the code... while my map explored is not that much i didnt really notice any pause in gameplay when entering this command.. and honestly im scared that any new area explored will be to the old 1.4.1 specs... i really want the 1.0.3 aspect... i want trains... I want to go big... how big IDK but i want my base to be able to handle anything the Devs throw at us... wiht just haveing to throw in more resources... i am intending on using (alien artifacts) to clear out my surplus of oil spouts.. once i am confident that 1.0.3 is actually working as it should i will compare what new spouts i see an then remove the excess...

yeah i have take to keep up to 4 copies of my saves seperate from my actual game folder... 1 is g-drive, 1 is my drop box, 1 is my extra hard drive on my laptop and the last is a T drive i use for back ups of pics and vids of my son... =)

Ok so i have done this once again.. started my world.. there is only rso 1.0.3 in the folder and active in the mods folder... hit the ` key and then ctrl v the code in and it seems to do something but idk what. im a noob with most of this tech stuff... im logistics and EOD from the army... i work for a small trucking company and all i do is handle shipment schedulings and what goes with whom to where and then so on and yeah its dull but its fun... =)

ill keep you posted once i get the storage for the ore im going to need to either use or store till i can use it in place... was about to transition from 1-4-1 to 2-6-2 when i realized i had a serious resource abundace issue... and wanted that resolved before i start on my main base...

Thanks

A+

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

http://imgur.com/inyiClx

Ok i have run this command once again... rso 1.0.3 is the only 1 in the folder and it shows as active... the game did infact pause for maybe 10 seconds... and then this error happend? any thoughts? i am not tech savy so if its an lua code thing.. if you keep it simple step by step i can follow along.. as i have never done lua stuff before i have no clue nor any desire to go and change something i dont understand for fear all will be lost... yes i have back ups... my back ups have back ups...

thanks... i will keep close to my base as there are several projects i am working on.. hopefully its something like its already been done so no need to worry.. but i will attempt to not explore any of the world more than i have... hope you can help me...

thanks again...

edit: for my own sanity i copied and pasted it again and i have YARM installed and everything i had running went to 0.. so i loaded my save prior to entering the code the first time.. when i first got the code... i got the same error after the second attempt when YARM levels went to 0... i had maybe 6 outposts going that were several hours from depletion...

i will deal with it if i have to... wont be what i was looking for but.. i suppose i can just work on getting my builds the way i want for .13 and then just start from scratch once again with the correct RSO version installed... no worries... i have serious OCD.. if its not a certain way i find i cant tolerate it... lol

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

From the log it seems you used different RSO version - it's not 1.0.3 for sure.
Also I can only help with recent versions - if you want to play around with 1.0.3 because of lp's I can't help much with that.

Line with error is consistent with recent versions - it might require newer version of Factorio to work properly.
Regeneration seems to work properly with latest of RSO and Factorio.

Edit:
I checked on 1.0.10 and nothing similar to error message was present there. I don't have 1.0.3 handy.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

orzelek wrote:From the log it seems you used different RSO version - it's not 1.0.3 for sure.
Also I can only help with recent versions - if you want to play around with 1.0.3 because of lp's I can't help much with that.

Line with error is consistent with recent versions - it might require newer version of Factorio to work properly.

Edit:
I checked on 1.0.10 and nothing similar to error message was present there. I don't have 1.0.3 handy.

So in other words i get what i get with what i have... Hmm.. Would it change anything if i took rso out completely as a mod and re saved it? And is there a way to remove rso completely and possibly add it and then try the code again? Just trying to save my save.. LoL. No worries either way.. Just want all the info i can get before i decide what to do...

Thanks for your help...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Anomoly2012 wrote:
orzelek wrote:From the log it seems you used different RSO version - it's not 1.0.3 for sure.

Edit:

So in other words i get what i get with what i have... Hmm.. Would it change anything if i took rso out completely as a mod and re saved it? And is there a way to remove rso completely and possibly add it and then try the code again? Just trying to save my save.. LoL. No worries either way.. Just want all the info i can get before i decide what to do...

Thanks for your help...
Removing RSO from save will prevent any further ore spawns.
If you remove it, save game and then re-add it all the data for RSO will be reset. Anything new should generate with new version rules then and regenerate should work if you use RSO that matches your Factorio version.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Ok nice.. So i use .12.10
The save was created with .12.0
100% positive on this 1.. LoL
I want the leaner gen that is 1.0.3. But if i need to do another 1 is there and how do i change it to give me that leaner gen? Or is that to much work?

Now by take it out.. That is femove any trace of the mod rso itself.. No lua or anything lime that? Just take out the mod folder?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Anomoly2012 wrote:Ok nice.. So i use .12.10
I want the leaner gen that is 1.0.3. But if i need to do another 1 is there and how do i change it to give me that leaner gen? Or is that to much work?

Now by take it out.. That is femove any trace of the mod rso itself.. No lua or anything lime that? Just take out the mod folder?
I have no idea what leaner gen means so can't help with that point.
Removing mod, loading game and then saving game removes it's local data. No need to do anything more.

Also if I understand correctly the 1.0.3 you are using can't be 1.0.3. This version should be to old to work with 0.12.10. So it has also been updated and/or modified by someone.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

orzelek wrote:
Anomoly2012 wrote:Ok nice.. So i use .12.10

I have no idea what leaner gen means so can't help with that point.
Removing mod, loading game and then saving game removes it's local data. No need to do anything more.

Also if I understand correctly the 1.0.3 you are using can't be 1.0.3. This version should be to old to work with 0.12.10. So it has also been updated and/or modified by someone.

Got ya.. Ok let me try it this way..

I dont want the over abundance of resource patches.. But as i explore the map as in the farther from spawn i go i want it to progressively get bigger patches with better quantity per square inside the patch to improve.. But not so much that it gives me an ammount like if i were playing vanilla with basic settings..

So lets say i find a patch that when i mouse over it say theres a total of X number of small squares that require X number of miners that take. However long.. I plan to use P3s in most of my stuff... So that after a time when the patch is depleted i have to search for another patch that say 10% bigger in size and quantity.. Or however your mod calculates it during the gen phase.. ?? Do you understand colonelwill and rootnegatives situation in there respective bases... Like the Break The Game lp...

Thank you again for your assistance.. I just dont want to be flooded with resources is all so much that i dont get to play with trains.. LOL

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

What you are describing is what I tried to buff in 1.4.2.
I'm not sure how well behaved is now - haven't had time to do extensive testing of size vs distance.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

orzelek wrote:What you are describing is what I tried to buff in 1.4.2.
I'm not sure how well behaved is now - haven't had time to do extensive testing of size vs distance.
Ok... then 1.4.2 it is.. will i need to do that code or just instal and play? i assume just instal and play.. but i would rather ask a dumb question that i think ive already answered then not ask it and be set back a few hours.. or loose it all.. ill give it a check and see what happens... if its not what im looking for i have thoughts and ideas and a few other mods i can tinker with to sorta help balance out what im trying for...

thanks..

A++

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Anomoly2012 wrote:
orzelek wrote:What you are describing is what I tried to buff in 1.4.2.
Ok... then 1.4.2 it is.. will i need to do that code or just instal and play? i assume just instal and play.. but i would rather ask a dumb question that i think ive already answered then not ask it and be set back a few hours.. or loose it all.. ill give it a check and see what happens... if its not what im looking for i have thoughts and ideas and a few other mods i can tinker with to sorta help balance out what im trying for...

thanks..

A++
I'd recommend 1.4.3 due to bug fixes in it. And I would recommend to do save without mod trick. I'm not sure how swapping of very old and new version will behave.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

yeah i noticed it was 1.4.3 no crashes as of yet.. but i have also not really explored much beyond what has already been exposed on my map.. doing some final touch ups to get back to full function.. and trying to see where i can if i need put some storage for materials for my main base build.. ill keep you posted if its ok or not...

A

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Any chance for adding ores from this mod?

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=16162

thanks in advance.

sciuttam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sciuttam »

Monazite from the Thunder Stone mod is not configured. Would be great if that could be added!

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23224

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Guest_4544 wrote:Any chance for adding ores from this mod?

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=16162

thanks in advance.
This one seems to be a bit unstable - no proper 0.12.29 update. Also links to it make my NOD warn me about potentially not welcome content.
sciuttam wrote:Monazite from the Thunder Stone mod is not configured. Would be great if that could be added!

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23224
I'll take a look and try to post new version today.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Version 1.5.5 is out with Thunder Stone mod support.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

orzelek wrote: This one seems to be a bit unstable - no proper 0.12.29 update.
Well that's why I'm helping him a bit by means of bug reports so that his mod is a bit more stable, since he got some interesting (in my opinion) stuff there.
orzelek wrote: Also links to it make my NOD warn me about potentially not welcome content.
hmm well virustotal reports this:
reactor_0.0.2.8.rar: https://virustotal.com/en/file/89bc0d97 ... 461243811/
and this one: https://virustotal.com/en/url/71216ea7e ... 461243927/ (through it scanned to mega.co.nz instead for some reason)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Guest_4544 wrote:
orzelek wrote: This one seems to be a bit unstable - no proper 0.12.29 update.
Well that's why I'm helping him a bit by means of bug reports so that his mod is a bit more stable, since he got some interesting (in my opinion) stuff there.
orzelek wrote: Also links to it make my NOD warn me about potentially not welcome content.
hmm well virustotal reports this:
reactor_0.0.2.8.rar: https://virustotal.com/en/file/89bc0d97 ... 461243811/
and this one: https://virustotal.com/en/url/71216ea7e ... 461243927/ (through it scanned to mega.co.nz instead for some reason)
NOD was warning me about ads produced by adfly. Some of them seemed to link stuff considered dangerous.
As for the mod itself - currently it doesn't try to follow basic mod thread format. I'll try to grab something from new host and create resource configs.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

orzelek wrote: NOD was warning me about ads produced by adfly. Some of them seemed to link stuff considered dangerous.
As for the mod itself - currently it doesn't try to follow basic mod thread format
Well he is using mega now for uploads, and for the 2nd part I am just assuming he doesn't know English very well as he made quite a few typos (like Fugion Reactor instead of Fusion Reactor etc...)
I think he is from Russia or something, and they don't like speaking English much at all.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm sorry but I'll need to pass on integrating reactor for now.
I can add ores easily but using it with RSO will remove custom enemy base spawners currently. Since RSO is not prepared to handle new spawners well it's a bit more hackish work to add support for new spawners. And then I'd need to find a way to reconcile it with bobsenemies since it's the only other mod that has custom spawners hacked in currently.

I will take a look when reactor mod reaches a bit more stable state. It's simply a bit to much work for now for mod thats not finished.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”