Bug reports

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bug reports

Post by Targa »

[quote="orzelek"]Please execute this command:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.print(tostring(game.mapsettings.enemy_expansion.enabled))
This doesn't print any response to the screen that I can see.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Targa wrote:
orzelek wrote:Please execute this command:

/c game.player.print(tostring(game.mapsettings.enemy_expansion.enabled))
This doesn't print any response to the screen that I can see.
Yep it's from earlier version - proper form is this:

/c game.player.print(tostring(game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled))

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

Tried that also, no joy. Maybe the enemy expansion part of the mod is broken? I can use the commands to show enemy evolution, etc... and they all print to the screen no problem. That command you're giving me makes the sound like "command accepted" but doesn't print a "true" or "false" response to the screen. I'm attaching my saved game in case you (or anyone else) wants to take a look.
Attachments
TrainWorld 2.zip
(33.69 MiB) Downloaded 106 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Targa wrote:Tried that also, no joy. Maybe the enemy expansion part of the mod is broken? I can use the commands to show enemy evolution, etc... and they all print to the screen no problem. That command you're giving me makes the sound like "command accepted" but doesn't print a "true" or "false" response to the screen. I'm attaching my saved game in case you (or anyone else) wants to take a look.
I tried in your save and it works properly. Game shows that expansion is set to true.
For some reason the max expansion cooldown is set to very high value - that means biters can make expansions attempts very slowly.
On my game it's 3600, on yours it's 216000 - this is in ticks I think.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

I may have to post that in game bug reports. I appreciate the help! I knew they weren't expanding, but had no clue as to why. I can see why a value of 216000 would make a huge difference.

Do you know of any way to change that value, through console commands or a mod? I'd like to try to fix my game.

Edit: Posted over in Bugs forum and received the response that 216000 is the vanilla value for that. Apparently the low value that you have is from Natural Evolution mod? I know I used that mod a couple of times, and the value I get from those saves is identical to yours.
Last edited by Targa on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Targa wrote:I may have to post that in game bug reports. I appreciate the help! I knew they weren't expanding, but had no clue as to why. I can see why a value of 216,000 would make a huge difference.

Do you know of any way to change that value, through console commands or a mod? I'd like to try to fix my game.
As per response on the bug - it's a correct one. I have mods that change it. I'm out of ideas why after such long time you didn't see any expansion.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

Edited at the same time you posted, haha. Thanks for all the help, and the great mod!

Edit: And actually I posted the wrong saved game, but in the end it didn't matter.

Szer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szer »

With 1.5.1 RSO mod and 0.12.29 Factorio bitters nests do not spawn at all.

I tried to turn off all other mods except RSO and results were the same.
Resources are ok, but there is no biters.

I tried max biters generation settings and it didnt help also.

Is there any solution?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Szer wrote:With 1.5.1 RSO mod and 0.12.29 Factorio bitters nests do not spawn at all.

Is there any solution?
You made me go and check.. all works on my end in new game with only RSO I have biter bases as expected.

Did you change something in config file? There is an option there that disables generation of enemies (disable_RSO_biter_spawning).

Szer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szer »

orzelek wrote:
Szer wrote:With 1.5.1 RSO mod and 0.12.29 Factorio bitters nests do not spawn at all.

Is there any solution?
You made me go and check.. all works on my end in new game with only RSO I have biter bases as expected.

Did you change something in config file? There is an option there that disables generation of enemies (disable_RSO_biter_spawning).
Nope. havent changed anything.
It is fresh steam installation.

Is there any way/console-command to debug the problem?

Szer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szer »

Nvm, found the problem.

I downloaded ArumbaModPack and it seems his version of RSO was modified.

After I installed same version from original source everyting is fine.

Damn you, Arumba!

Another question, is there any way to add biters to existing save?

Szer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szer »

Nvm again, I've "read the *ucking manual" and regenerated seed.

Great mod! Thank you :)

ShadowDawn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShadowDawn »

Hi, this isn't really a bug report, but i would like to ask if it's possible to get support for the new 5Dim ores mod?

Not allowed to post links yet, but you should be able to find it on their website (5dimmod)

(Their forum post isn't updated with Ores yet)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

ShadowDawn wrote:Hi, this isn't really a bug report, but i would like to ask if it's possible to get support for the new 5Dim ores mod?

Not allowed to post links yet, but you should be able to find it on their website (5dimmod)

(Their forum post isn't updated with Ores yet)
I can take a look - I'd rather wait till mod becomes more official since they didn't ask for the support themselves.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

As A Factorio veteran, I know the advantages of re-generating maps in the map editor until I get a good one that fits what I want to do with the world, or placing some starting resources if they are lacking (eg. There is iorn and coal, but no copper in the starting area).

So when I created a new map with RSO (First time playing with it) in the map editor, I could not find out why ores were not spawning. I loaded up the worlds I was generating in the actual game, and suddenly ore existed where they didnt before

So here is the "bug":
Ores cannot spawn/exist/be viewed in the map editor while displaying a map that was just generated by RSO
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TuckJohn wrote:As A Factorio veteran, I know the advantages of re-generating maps in the map editor until I get a good one that fits what I want to do with the world, or placing some starting resources if they are lacking (eg. There is iorn and coal, but no copper in the starting area).

So when I created a new map with RSO (First time playing with it) in the map editor, I could not find out why ores were not spawning. I loaded up the worlds I was generating in the actual game, and suddenly ore existed where they didnt before

So here is the "bug":
Ores cannot spawn/exist/be viewed in the map editor while displaying a map that was just generated by RSO
It's not a bug. Map editor is not a game so it doesn't process any scripts.
Since RSO uses scripting to generate ores it can't work in map editor. I don't know if there is a way around - afaik it isn't currently.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Thanks for the Nucular and Angels Ores update. I am using Angels Infinite Ores, but I noticed that there are still no infinite ore patches within the uranium ore patches from Nucular.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Pandemoneus wrote:Thanks for the Nucular and Angels Ores update. I am using Angels Infinite Ores, but I noticed that there are still no infinite ore patches within the uranium ore patches from Nucular.
Are you using latest Angel Infinite Ores?
Should work with 0.1.3 and ore patch needs to be outside of starting area. Starter ones don't get infinite part by default.

I didn't test this extensively so it's possible it fails somehow - please provide more details if using latest RSO and Angels Ores won't help.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

orzelek wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:Thanks for the Nucular and Angels Ores update. I am using Angels Infinite Ores, but I noticed that there are still no infinite ore patches within the uranium ore patches from Nucular.
Should work with 0.1.3 and ore patch needs to be outside of starting area. Starter ones don't get infinite part by default.

I didn't test this extensively so it's possible it fails somehow - please provide more details if using latest RSO and Angels Ores won't help.
Yes, I am using the latest of both, however I've set the spawn ores to contain infinite ore patches. That's why I am wondering about why there is no infinite uranium ore in the starting area.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Pandemoneus wrote:
orzelek wrote:

Yes, I am using the latest of both, however I've set the spawn ores to contain infinite ore patches. That's why I am wondering about why there is no infinite uranium ore in the starting area.
I did a quick test and it worked for me in both starting area and outside it.
Did you try on more maps? Technically if resource rolls as sparse enough it might not have infinite parts.

If it doesn't work for you anyway I'd need your save to check it out.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”