Bug reports

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bug reports

Post by orzelek »

Berserker55 wrote:Got a crash on line 571 control.lua in 1.4.0. Something about luatile invalid. I wrote up a proper bug report with screenshot and savegame and stuff, then on posting the forum gave me a 500 internal error and now can't be bothered to redo all that.
It's enough info to try and fix it. New version is up.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

The crash occured always 26 seconds after loading a particular savegame. With the new version, it doesn't anymore. Thanks for fixing.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Berserker55 wrote:The crash occured always 26 seconds after loading a particular savegame. With the new version, it doesn't anymore. Thanks for fixing.
It would be cool if you could pack up save game and mods somewhere anyway and post them here. I fixed the crash but not the reason - I'd be curious to why it tried to reference invalid tile.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

It *should* be the attached save file. I don't even have 1.4.0 to verify anymore.

Again, the crash occurs with just rso loaded (or all loaded), you don't need any of the other mods to be present.

EDIT: On a different topic, a friend and me have been playing 40+ hours with rso and dytech, we explored 15 MB worth of area and have not found any cobalt. I know we can just be unlucky, but we are also using 1.3.2 - simply because the world is that old.
In the past, when we switched rso versions we ran into desync issues when changing rso version mid-savegame. Would it be safe to update to 1.4.1, what would be the effects and could cobalt be bugged?
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 283 times

DaemosDaen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaemosDaen »

When trying to use version 1.4.1 with Bob's Mods, the ore Gen leans heavily towards vanilla ores, to the point where Bob's mod progression is limited, is there a way to ensure that we get more than 1 resource per region (the wording in the description for multi_resource_chance_diminish is not clear.) I'm trying to set up a train friendly Bob's mods game.

(note after testing changing multi_resource_chance_diminish does not seem to do anything.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DaemosDaen wrote:When trying to use version 1.4.1 with Bob's Mods, the ore Gen leans heavily towards vanilla ores, to the point where Bob's mod progression is limited, is there a way to ensure that we get more than 1 resource per region (the wording in the description for multi_resource_chance_diminish is not clear.) I'm trying to set up a train friendly Bob's mods game.

(note after testing changing multi_resource_chance_diminish does not seem to do anything.
I'd say that you are quite unlucky. I'm usually running with bob's and only had nasty rng hitch on gold ore at some point. No problems with finding others usually.
Both copper and iron have quite bigger chance to appear - thats by design. The multi_resource_chance_diminish affects something else - it's for multi resource spawns that are rolled for each main ore spawn.

Mod already compensates in spawning when more ores are present. Currently it's 2 ore rolls per region at 10+ ores and 3 rolls at 20+. There is no configuration option for this feature - it's always active.

Do you have some unusual settings? And how far you looked? (2-3k tiles is norm for RSO).

MakiabelMFE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MakiabelMFE »

[spoiler=Image]Image[/spoiler]
I'm getting this with the latest 1.4.4 version for 0.12.11 Factorio. As far as my understanding of lua goes (very basic) it seems to be something in the control.lua. Probably some other thing, honestly not sure what's going on there :D. Anyway, just wanted to report that.

Nevermind, after reading a bit in Bob's Mods part of the forum it seems that it was an issue of the mods being zipped. I unzipped everything and it seems to be fine now!.

Zuzak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zuzak »

I managed to fix a bug myself.
while exploring, I had an error that read like:
C:\Games\FacTorio\mods\rso-mod_1.4.7\control.lua
line 587: attempt to compare nil with number

okay. whats going on on line 587.
open it up in notepad++

original code starting at 587:

Code: Select all

if ratio > resourceCollisionDetectionRatio then
			break
		  elseif resourceCollisionFieldSkip then -- in case no valid ratio was found we skip the field completely
			validCount = 0
	  end
hmm.
Not sure what specifically is going on here, but it looks like breaking out of the operation at this point should not harm RSO function if I read this right.
After googling a bit, I came up with this bit and copy-pasted over the original.

if ratio == nil then -- nil error catch
            break
		  elseif resourceCollisionDetectionRatio == nil then 
		    break
		  elseif ratio > resourceCollisionDetectionRatio then
			break
		  elseif resourceCollisionFieldSkip then -- in case no valid ratio was found we skip the field completely
			validCount = 0
	  end
Exploring that area of the map no longer gives an error with this adjustment!
not quite sure if break or validCount = 0 should be used, but it works.

I'm just glad I didn't need to go through all my mods and find out what ore is the problem.
I have the replication mod so any missing ores can be... dealt with, for a hefty energy price.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Could you please post the save and mods folder?
I'd like to see whats going on there - you can fix the symptom in this way but cause still remains somewhere :D

I'll take a look how ration could become nill but it's strange.

forscher
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by forscher »

Sorry if this has been addressed before, I couldn't find the answer. I just installed the latest version of RSO, and no ores are generating. I found there were none in the starting area on starting a new game, then generated a few worlds in the map editor and found that no ores are spawning at all. I uninstalled all other mods to make sure nothing is interfering. I also tried reinstalling the game completely. I have not changed any of the options in the config file. No error or warning messages are presented. Here's a screenshot of the only thing I see that indicates a problem, but my understanding is that these are not really dependencies, just mods that RSO is compatible with.

sloshmonger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sloshmonger »

forscher wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed before, I couldn't find the answer. I just installed the latest version of RSO, and no ores are generating. I found there were none in the starting area on starting a new game, then generated a few worlds in the map editor and found that no ores are spawning at all. I uninstalled all other mods to make sure nothing is interfering. I also tried reinstalling the game completely. I have not changed any of the options in the config file. No error or warning messages are presented. Here's a screenshot of the only thing I see that indicates a problem, but my understanding is that these are not really dependencies, just mods that RSO is compatible with.
I'm also experiencing this on a fresh install. Yes, I've tested with only RSO and base mod, same result. Base mod works fine.

Tested with 1.4.8 as well, same "bugged" behavior.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

sloshmonger wrote:
forscher wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed before, I couldn't find the answer. I just installed the latest version of RSO, and no ores are generating. I found there were none in the starting area on starting a new game, then generated a few worlds in the map editor and found that no ores are spawning at all. I uninstalled all other mods to make sure nothing is interfering. I also tried reinstalling the game completely. I have not changed any of the options in the config file. No error or warning messages are presented. Here's a screenshot of the only thing I see that indicates a problem, but my understanding is that these are not really dependencies, just mods that RSO is compatible with.
I'm also experiencing this on a fresh install. Yes, I've tested with only RSO and base mod, same result. Base mod works fine.

Tested with 1.4.8 as well, same "bugged" behavior.
Screenshot is correct - those lines are red if you don't have the mods in question.
And I have no idea why ore's wouldn't spawn unless you are in map editor. RSO won't work in map editor since it generates ores during the actual game only. Freeplay/sandbox should work.
If you don't get ores when using new game please go to config, enable the debug_enabled option and then take a look in script-output folder under logs - there should be a log file there named start_*.log that will write up what happened on startup.

enkindle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problems with regenerate

Post by enkindle »

I am having problems with the regenerate function. I have removed all resources (and enemies), regenerated and recharted and only enemies and crude oil are spawning.

I used this to remove all resources:

/c for _,entity in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered{
       area={{game.local_player.position.x-3200, game.local_player.position.y-3200},
           {game.local_player.position.x+3200, game.local_player.position.y+3200}},
           type= "resource"})
do
   entity.destroy()
end
This to rechart:

/c game.local_player.force.rechart()
I am using the latest Factorio and RSO 1.5.0

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Problems with regenerate

Post by orzelek »

enkindle wrote:I am having problems with the regenerate function. I have removed all resources (and enemies), regenerated and recharted and only enemies and crude oil are spawning.

I used this to remove all resources:

/c for _,entity in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered{
       area={{game.local_player.position.x-3200, game.local_player.position.y-3200},
           {game.local_player.position.x+3200, game.local_player.position.y+3200}},
           type= "resource"})
do
   entity.destroy()
end
This to rechart:

/c game.local_player.force.rechart()
I am using the latest Factorio and RSO 1.5.0
Please use the actual RSO regeneration command.
It should both delete ores/biters and create new ones.
Command is this:

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate")
(And it's listed and explained on the description and information thread.)

enkindle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enkindle »

I was using that after I cleared what was there, I realized it WAS generating the resources, the map just doesn't show them if you are zoomed out too far. Wasted a good half hour on that.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

enkindle wrote:I was using that after I cleared what was there, I realized it WAS generating the resources, the map just doesn't show them if you are zoomed out too far. Wasted a good half hour on that.
This command also removes stuff first then generates.

Also newly generated resources might not be visible until area is rescanned by radar. It seems like minimap requires rescan - might not in latest version since it stopped using fog of war.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

Not sure if this is an RSO bug or a game bug (or not a bug), but in my current game with biter evolution at 0.4, they still haven't built a single new base or spread at all. I used a console command to scan a huge area around my starting area (2000x2000) and the biter bases haven't changed a bit since the start of the game. I have "disableEnemyExpansion = false" and "disable_RSO_biter_spawning = false". Does the "absolute_enemy_chance" control expansion spawning, or is it only on map (chunk) generation? Because I have that set to 0.20, which kept the initial number of bases low, but I don't know if it's only giving them a 20% chance to expand to new bases or not.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Targa wrote:Not sure if this is an RSO bug or a game bug (or not a bug), but in my current game with biter evolution at 0.4, they still haven't built a single new base or spread at all. I used a console command to scan a huge area around my starting area (2000x2000) and the biter bases haven't changed a bit since the start of the game. I have "disableEnemyExpansion = false" and "disable_RSO_biter_spawning = false". Does the "absolute_enemy_chance" control expansion spawning, or is it only on map (chunk) generation? Because I have that set to 0.20, which kept the initial number of bases low, but I don't know if it's only giving them a 20% chance to expand to new bases or not.
Spawning chances are only for initial generation. With disable enemy expansion to false you should see them expand - unless some other mod disabled them. You can check using F4/F5 in debug settings to see if you have some valid expansion candidates.
Also you won't see them expand unless you have radar that will scan the terrain - there is a fog of war that covers areas not scanned/actively monitored.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

The only other mod I'm using is WaiTex (textures). I'm using the console command:
/c game.local_player.force.chart(game.local_player.surface,{lefttop = {x = -2000, y = -2000}, rightbottom = {x = 2000, y = 2000}})
To see everything without need of radar.

I can see the green circles in the debug console (candidate spots for expansion), but the biters never create new bases. It's very strange. Never happened to me before. I'm wondering if it's because enemy bases are so few in number, and I killed the few that were in my pollution clouds, that they're not expanding because they don't see my pollution. I'm maybe halfway through the tech tree and I don't think I've had a single biter attack the entire game.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please execute this command:

/c game.player.print(tostring(game.mapsettings.enemy_expansion.enabled))
If it returns false it means expansion has been disabled. If you had expansion disabled in RSO and changed the config it won't update existing save game.
You can use this one to enable it:

/c game.mapsettings.enemy_expansion.enabled = true

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”