RSO and the PvP Scenario

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Fellshadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

RSO and the PvP Scenario

Post by Fellshadow »

Hello,

I've been trying to get the PvP Scenario working with RSO so that my friend and I can be on different teams with different start locations. I've followed the instructions in the Description and Information thread for setting up multiple spawn points, but it's not working - it just clears any resources/biters that are in the new spawn location without spawning the starting resources.

Here are the steps that I'm taking:

- Create the game with the following settings:
Distance Between Teams: 10000
Map Height/Width: 0 (For infinite?)
Two teams:
Team 1
Team 2

All other settings are default

- Start the round and get assigned to a team

- Run the following commands:

Code: Select all

/c local size = 250; game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {left_top = {x = game.player.position.x - size, y = game.player.position.y - size}, right_bottom = {x = game.player.position.x + size, y = game.player.position.y + size}})

/c remote.call("RSO", "clear")

/c remote.call("RSO", "addStartLocation", {x=game.player.position.x, y=game.player.position.y})

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate")
But as mentioned above, this just causes any existing resources/biters to get cleared, and no starting resources spawn.
Can someone please help me get this set up?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: RSO and the PvP Scenario

Post by orzelek »

It should work and starting location should be spawned on the addStartLocation call. You can try to add game.player after position for add start location - it might output errors to that player then but most importantly it will use it's surface to create ores on.
Respawn command is meant to skip starting areas by design.

You can try to call resetGeneration command and see if it will help - it should repopulate spawning areas with resources.
To call it do this:

/c remote.call("RSO", "resetGeneration", game.player.surface)
Let me know if you get any results from above steps. If not I might need to look again into PvP scenario and see if I can figure out whats wrong. I'm only testing it as solo player so some things might still not work as intended when more players are present.

Fellshadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fellshadow »

Hello,

Thank you for the response, and sorry it took so long to follow up.

I gave your advice a try, and it still did not work for me. Important thing to note is that I'm also currently trying this on my own, not with any other players present.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm not sure if I can help any more - I will try to take a look at some point but I don't do multiplayer really.
And PvP scenario uses some surface magic - that command was added for different mod that wanted to do surface magic to.
If it won't work then it would seem that PvP mod does something else thats confusing generation of resources.
My best guess would be that there might be something wrong with surface parameter - were you up and running in the area? Can you also take a look by using debug menu at coordinates you are at? Default starting area is at 0,0 so if you are in different location it will still spawn there.

Fellshadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fellshadow »

Wanted to follow up on this.

I eventually gave up as I couldn't get it working, however I wanted to play on the new update, so I decided to give it another try.
Following the steps I listed in my first post, it worked without issue!

No idea what fixed it - maybe updated versions of the mod, or an updated version of the game, but doing exactly what I did before now works!

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Ive had a different issue with it. For me, I cant get the clear command to work. And the Scenario seems to generate starting areas for me, but without any resources.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Blu3wolf wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:57 am
Ive had a different issue with it. For me, I cant get the clear command to work. And the Scenario seems to generate starting areas for me, but without any resources.
And reset generation command doesn't work?

RSO will not know about all starting areas unless they are registered separately and PvP scenario doesn't support that I think.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”