Exploding Chests

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sasuga
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Exploding Chests

Post by Sasuga »

When I take down an underground belt, and don't have enough room for what it contains, the contents explode out all over the ground.

When I build things, then pick up more things, and there's not enough room for the things I'm building to finish into my inventory and I cancel those things, the ingredients explode all over the ground.

When belts are destroyed, the contents of the belt just lay on the ground where the belt was.

When I or the critters destroy a box, the contents of that box just vanish!? Get deleted!?

I think when a box is destroyed, the contents should explode out all over the ground.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Exploding Chests

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

This sounds like it would fit better in ideas and suggestions
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

firestar246
Inserter
Inserter

Post by firestar246 »

I disagree. Currently that is the only way to completely destroy an item. It's how I get rid of deprecated items
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved from General into Ideas and suggestions, and directly to "Won't implement" : the current state is on purpose, the chests used to explode, and the devs have changed that in the 0.10.9 release : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5592
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

Koub wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:00 pm
[Koub] Moved from General into Ideas and suggestions, and directly to "Won't implement" : the current state is on purpose, the chests used to explode, and the devs have changed that in the 0.10.9 release : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5592
That describes a change to what happens when you mine a chest and have insufficient inventory space, not when a chest is destroyed.

Doesn't necessarily change anything of course.

Sasuga
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sasuga »

firestar246 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:38 pm
I disagree. Currently that is the only way to completely destroy an item. It's how I get rid of deprecated items
They could add a trash can for you.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”