Make Deconstruction planner filter work on placed ghost entities.

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

alfa-cz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Make Deconstruction planner filter work on placed ghost entities.

Post by alfa-cz »

TL;DR
Make Deconstruction planner blacklist or whitelist filter work on placed ghost entities/tiles filtered in the planner settings form.
What ?
btw. this gui form really need some love, but let's not get sidetracked.
filteredTileDeconstructionPlanner.png
filteredTileDeconstructionPlanner.png (22.43 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
In the following picture you can see my example. I am trying to deconstruct some clifs while my construction bots are placing refined concrete under it. But I only want it to delete the cliffs.
I have set refined concrete in blacklist as you can see in the picture above. The problem is that my deconstruction planner will delete all the ghost refined concrete tiles.
filteredDeconstructionPlanner.png
filteredDeconstructionPlanner.png (3.21 MiB) Viewed 2006 times
I know this looks like border-line feature-creep :P but it would be nice to have this QOL. feature
Easy win - would be if you could add cliffs to the trees/rocks filter checkbox, which only works for trees and rocks for now. However making it the only option could anger all players who like to use the cliffs for defense againts enemies
Why ?
I have noticed that Upgrade planner already does upgrade ghost entities. So why not add it to the Deconstruction planner ;)
I can protect you form real world. How? Come with me and join to the virtual one.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Make Deconstruction planner filter work on placed ghost entities.

Post by ssilk »

[removed size tags, let everyone decide the font-size him/herself.]
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

I forget, are you capable of adding ghosts to the blacklist? I do remember the last tab in the decon planner has stuff like "item on ground" and "ghost".

Regarding the UI, it almost seems like the blacklist and whitelist should be separate tabs too, not a one-or-the-other toggle. For filter inserters it makes sense for performance and balance reasons, but blueprints/planners are supposed to be versatile and powerful.

alfa-cz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alfa-cz »

ssilk wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:55 am
[removed size tags, let everyone decide the font-size him/herself.]
Ok thanks. I just felt that the image captions should not be bigger text than normal paragraph :/
I can protect you form real world. How? Come with me and join to the virtual one.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

There is no perfect solution to the filtering. No matter what it might get changed to someone will complain that isn't not enough or it's too complicated.

So, we have what we have and that's what it's going to stay for now. Or, I could just delete the filters completely - that's always an option :P
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”