Pistons

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Pistons

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

I just thought of this idea but what if we had pistons like in minecraft that could move items and push them in certain ways when powered by certain items

they way i thought of this would be good is like a way to turn off the steam engines during the day when we have enough solar panels the piston can take out a single pipe that removes the water from the steam engines and in turn turns off the boils once the water left in them are heated to 100 degrees and then when the night comes the piston pushes/pulls the pipe back into place and allows the steam power to come back.
The more complicated the game the better

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pistons

Post by ficolas »

Why pistons? Why not a pipe gate and logic wires? pistons are unrealistic, the pipe would break and all the water will fall at the ground, flooding your factory

Minecraft influence isnt allways good...

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

because when pipes are broken all pipes connected automaticly get blocked on the end

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Science fiction :p
And how do the pipe autofix itself?
In my opinion, just myopinion, its so unrealistic.

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

i was just describing what happens in the game at the moment

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I know what happends in the game, I was describing what would happend in real life, is so unrealistic.

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

this does not have to me realistic

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

No, it needs to be something called explained fiction, you give reasons for everything, and how it works, so it seems realistic, and a piston that pushes a pipe to dissable it...
stop trying to make this seem like minecraft plz ...

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

I would add piston item and use as ingredient for machines. but mc pistons? no thank you.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

rk84 wrote:I would add piston item and use as ingredient for machines. but mc pistons? no thank you.
Agree

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

15Cyndaquil wrote:they way i thought of this would be good is like a way to turn off the steam engines during the day when we have enough solar panels the piston can take out a single pipe that removes the water from the steam engines and in turn turns off the boils once the water left in them are heated to 100 degrees and then when the night comes the piston pushes/pulls the pipe back into place and allows the steam power to come back.
umm, power provided goes in order of

Solar -> Steam

if all the power is being supplied by solar, then the steam engines simply don't run so there is actually no need to do this....

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Thats true, they have priorities

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

rk84 wrote:I would add piston item and use as ingredient for machines. but mc pistons? no thank you.
I agree.

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andzoak »

15Cyndaquil wrote:I just thought of this idea but what if we had pistons like in minecraft that could move items and push them in certain ways when powered by certain items

they way i thought of this would be good is like a way to turn off the steam engines during the day when we have enough solar panels the piston can take out a single pipe that removes the water from the steam engines and in turn turns off the boils once the water left in them are heated to 100 degrees and then when the night comes the piston pushes/pulls the pipe back into place and allows the steam power to come back.
Steam engines already doesn't work when you have enough solar energy, thus consumption of coal is decreasing at day time. You already have effective transport system (inserters, belts, robots) so there is no need to add pistons.

Xisuma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xisuma »

This game is very different from minecraft the pistons idea does not really translate well since you are already given different means of controlling and managing your factories. Having pistons would provide little functionality, and what it did would be out of place.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

Necromancy

Won't implement. People said why it's a bad idea.
To control amount of fluids will come the combinator stuff.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I see dead topics :).
Guess our chief necromancer is right again, moved to "outdated/not implemented".
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”