Mod installation/update menu

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Mod installation/update menu

Post by leoch »

Currently the in-game mod installation and update tool restarts the game a lot; also downloading the list of available mods takes a while (at least on my connection). Suggestions:
  • Cache the list of available mods and only auto-update if >1 day old (there are already refresh buttons)
  • Don't auto-restart after mod installation / update; just write "Restart required" somewhere on the screen and replace the "play" button with "restart"

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod installation/update menu

Post by Zavian »

Personally I would like to be able go back from the install mods screen to the mod selection screen, and enable some or all of the mods I just downloaded,and perhaps enable or disable some of the other mods that were already installed, then once I'm happy with my mod selection, press back to leave the mods menu. At that point I'm happy for the game to restart. I suggested that in viewtopic.php?f=23&t=51367.

The current workflow often means I need to restart the game after downloading mods, then again after selecting which mods I want to use.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod installation/update menu

Post by ssilk »

This crossed my way through searching....
Will not happen, because the sense of the mod-list is, that it should be as actual as possible, so that you always install the update from 1 minute ago.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”