FFF#211 Idea: Bizz Keryear's BP cables

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

FFF#211 Idea: Bizz Keryear's BP cables

Post by JohnyDL »

Bizz Keryear wrote:...
However there a few things I would like to be able to include in blueprints ... and that are cables. Sometimes it is crucial to don't have connections between poles even if they are in range of each other (because you actually wanted to utilize a switch) and some things you really want to have a cable connected to ... and not just logic cables like now but power cables.
And if it is just for your OCD ... (I have this neat optimized solar array setup ... and it [the power grid poles] builds really neat squares ... but sometimes because of random reasons ... instead of a square it makes a cross ... and it really bugs me)
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=53193&start=20#p311221

My addition:
TL;DR
All Cables in BPs should act like circuit cables.

What ?
Stop building of blueprints reconfiguring power cables.
Why ?
Some people specifically configure their power cables for OCD reasons or power switch reasons. so treat all cables within blueprints as though they're circuit cables and not link power poles inside by default to those outside of the blueprint or to unconnected ones with in the blueprint.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: FFF#211 Idea: Bizz Keryear's BP cables

Post by Klonan »

This has already been suggested:

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=46624

Please use the search before making new topics

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: FFF#211 Idea: Bizz Keryear's BP cables

Post by JohnyDL »

First off the idea is subtly different and has a suggested fix.

Treating regular copper cable like circuit conditions cable would actually simplify the code (one set of code to handle all wires instead of 2 different bits of code to handle it)

And the idea I believed to have more value in discussing rather than a post that'd been moved into outdated/not implemented based on a moderator's interpretation of a bug report thread for 0.14 started over a year and a half before.

But you're the boss

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”