Add new research: car braking force

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Add new research: car braking force

Post by BHakluyt »

Add research for late game car braking speed/ force similar to the obe with the train.

Putting rocket fuel into the car you can easily get up to 150 km/h, but braking feels slow and the car gets quite difficult to manoeuvre. Please don't make the car slower, its so awesome the speed progression from wood to rocket fuel.

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Add new research: car braking force

Post by Shaymes »

i like that, even for tanks :D
Mining Drill Operator

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Yes, afterwards I thought I should probably have mentioned the tank also. Have not yet tested the tank with rocket fuel in 0.15... I can only imagine its even worse. The problem with having such a long brake time is that buildings get damgaed and often some modules get lost in the process, some very expensive speed and productivity modules...

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

thats why i plan path 2x2 road 4x4 and streets 7x7 with walls so i protect my buildings from untrained multiplayer tankdriver :D i also have parking places
Mining Drill Operator

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Agreed with mophydeen.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Thats a good idea. Also cars should have underbody lights matching the color. xD
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

BHakluyt wrote:Yes, afterwards I thought I should probably have mentioned the tank also. Have not yet tested the tank with rocket fuel in 0.15... I can only imagine its even worse. The problem with having such a long brake time is that buildings get damgaed and often some modules get lost in the process, some very expensive speed and productivity modules...
That's fully intended. We explicitly had this conversation while play testing and decided that this is something we want. It adds to the gameplay experience and makes for fun moments when you loose control of your tank and destroy things you didn't mean to.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

I thought this was implemented in vanilla. The thread is in Outdated/Not implemented subforum.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

BHakluyt wrote:Yes, afterwards I thought I should probably have mentioned the tank also. Have not yet tested the tank with rocket fuel in 0.15... I can only imagine its even worse. The problem with having such a long brake time is that buildings get damgaed and often some modules get lost in the process, some very expensive speed and productivity modules...
Plan your factory with some lanes to drive in, flank them with walls to prevent accidental ramming of buildings. Make em concrete while at it for extra speed.

As for braking force research: Just plop a wall in front of your vehicle. It'll stop. *nod*

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”