Downgrading mods

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

drvic10k
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Downgrading mods

Post by drvic10k »

Real world scenario (happened to me):

I updated the game to 0.14, I updated the mods automaticallu through the UI, but I didn't notice that one mod was not available for update.
This mod adds advanced electricity, so without it, my factory is out of power.
So I decided to pick another similar mod and replace the solar with different kind.
So I downloaded the 0.13 version, but update of the mods was not possible. To get older version of mod, I had to uninstall them and install again in 0.13

Long story short, it would be nice if the updating of mods worked both ways.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Downgrading mods

Post by ssilk »

Moved to won't implement cause
- no modder would understand, why he should program routines to downgrade his mod. :)
- this case is so rare and would need so much afford to support, that I'm that sure, that it has no chance to be implemented ever

Especially when there are alternatives:
- You can install the zipped version of 0.13 to keep playing your old world, while you have the installed 0.14 to play new once. You even can run them similarly.
- You can upgrade the mod yourself. In the case of just modules I would not wonder, if you just could replace version numbers yourself (Unzip, rename mod and change version in info.json).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”