Alien World Suggestions

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Alien World Suggestions

Post by orbito »

This game is amazing already, I just had a few suggestions about the alien world itself.

The game needs more interaction with the non-player characters, including hostile plants and animals.

Hostile animals - Currently we have fish, which just swim around. The game really needs a sense of a hostile alien wilderness, so I'd like see this game have hostile animals, for example, alien Hell-hounds and Pterodactyls would make the world a bit more rich and interesting. They could spawn in the darkness and seek out the "noise" caused by factories.

Hostile Plants - Currently we have trees, which are not very hostile. It would be interesting to have hostile alien plants as well, which inflict melee damage like a Venus Fly Trap. Again, this wouldn't be a great threat to the player, but would spice up the game.

To make the alien world experience more rich, maybe we need more world interaction.

Survivors - Maybe you find other survivors from the crash, when you landed on this alien world. Maybe these survivors could make bases of their own. If they do then you could make alliances with them or wipe them out if they become hostile.

Swimming - On a sunny day, there is nothing better than going for a swim. Right? I don't see why water is an impassible obstacle. Sometimes I just want to swim along side the majestic fish.

Pets - You'd be surprised how lonely it can be on an alien world, maybe we could find a broken alien robot, repair it and it would follow you around. Alternatively, you could find a stray "dog" type alien animal and feed it some fish and it will love and protect the player forever.

Interacting with an exotic alien world is very appealing, especially if that world is rich and full of life.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Alien World Suggestions

Post by Mysteria9 »

Have you ever tried swimming with a few thousand iron bars and a couple of steam engines in your pocket?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mysteria9 wrote:Have you ever tried swimming with a few thousand iron bars and a couple of steam engines in your pocket?
I did it in games like Gothic and Minecraft and it worked just fine :)

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

kovarex wrote:
Mysteria9 wrote:Have you ever tried swimming with a few thousand iron bars and a couple of steam engines in your pocket?
Point taken, "but still..." :)

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by orbito »

kovarex wrote:
Yes!

It is the developer's job to decide what is possible in the game. You might decide that water has to be an obstacle for the player or that swimming requires an upgrade. It was just something I thought would be amusing. The game-world you've created so far is beautiful and I hope you continue developing the world environment, adding in new plants, animals and hostile creatures. I can't wait to see where this game goes from here.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Necroing!

I've created a new thread for the hostile plants. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =6&t=12570

All other stuff is in my eyes either outdated (Pets? Survivors?), already implemented (Hostile animals) or is targeted by other threads (about bridges, ships...).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”