The day after

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

The day after

Post by ( Tchey ) »

Let say you have a super-cool factories system, with a good pollution managment, enough food for a lot of new citizen, good relationship with the aliens...

Or let say you have a factories system with so much smoke that the aliens are almost all dead from diseases, and the last ones are so much angry you had to build a monster-wall with huge turrets to defend your base..

Then, the human ship is coming, and landing, and...

And what ?

Do you, as players, think the game should go to that point ?
Do you, as Factorio's team, think about it ?

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: The day after

Post by rymn »

I'm super excited that you're thinking that far in advance!!

I think the game should get that far and then some! So, you've stockpiled all the resources you'll need to defend the base, I think the next step is to clean the air and transform the planet do when the colony arrives they also do not die from the hostile environment.

--------

This brings us back to the suggestion that the player should be a robot..

I think the player is a robot in a ship that was searching for a habitable world when it crash landed on this planet that is not habitable by humans and has an alien species that can breath the hostile air.

The players goal "in the campaigns" is to prepare the planet for the colony ships arrival and that includes killing that species and transforming the environment.

While making the planet habitable to humans done tribes of aliens adapt and grow stronger as their bodies adapt to the superior oxygen atmosphere. In addition, dinner will evolve into larger stronger creatures, other creatures will appear and the game will get much harder as the alien world fights of the humans.

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Verbesity »

It might be an interesting way to work multiplayer. The last part of the campaign is an endless map and once people land you can visit friends worlds and load materials onto spaceships along with fuel and move resources between worlds. Maybe even cross world PvP.

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rymn »

Verbesity wrote:It might be an interesting way to work multiplayer. The last part of the campaign is an endless map and once people land you can visit friends worlds and load materials onto spaceships along with fuel and move resources between worlds. Maybe even cross world PvP.
Must have!!

Poiasdope
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Poiasdope »

I like this thread. We should keep it. I mean, everything from it :D

I love dreaming such stuff! And I know that somewhere in the future, if not in Factorio maybe in a next game, this all could happen! :D

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rymn »

Poiasdope wrote:I like this thread. We should keep it. I mean, everything from it :D

I love dreaming such stuff! And I know that somewhere in the future, if not in Factorio maybe in a next game, this all could happen! :D
I think with Factorio being so open and easily mod-able we can make this happen.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Revisiting old threads...

I think this is too old, to many things, that are dependent are changed.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”